Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today has been a lot of ups and downs. First, I got the ChatterBox Xbi2 communicator, it is awesome I connected my iPhone and it streams my calls as well as music. But then I go to install the modualting headlight adaptor...... my god!!!! the plug wouldn't come undone from the light, the boot tore when I flipped it around (13.50 at the local dealer), then when I finally get the plug off and the adaptor on the freaking light assembly is too long to go into the housing!! So I just rip it off and put it all back together, now the light is just unadjusted pissin me off....
So I decided to take her for a spin, the ChatterBox was awesome, the weather was great and I was definitely feeling the bike. It was one of the best rides I've had so far. Well as with all good things it had to come to an end so I parked her and retarded put my cover on immediately.....instantly I knew I messed up, melted cover all over my pipes....YAY!!! Hope tomorrow is better, and less stupid on my part :-(

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Steams your calls? I know several guys that talk and ride For the life of me I can't figure out why. I'm a phone junkie. I hate not having it and most of all not answering it when someone calls. But when I'm on the bike....I'm on the bike. I haven't even listened to music on my bike this year. Just me, God and the morons on the road.

I'm not quite following you though on why the light wouldn't go back together.

T.C.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Does your phone physically connect to the chatterbox or does it bluetooth? How bad is the battery drain on the phone? Considering getting something like that one day, after I get a data plan for the phone so I can be aware of weather conditions and also for GPS.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The Bike is about freedom. As my old Club Rocker says, "The Last American Freedom". DO NOT let my wife or employer find out there is a way for them to call me when I am riding. Being on the Bike is my only acceptable excuse for NOT answering my phone.

Thruth time, my FF has speakers and a mic, and I do plug the phone in, But only if I want to make a call. I will not answer an incoming call though.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
The Bike is about freedom. As my old Club Rocker says, "The Last American Freedom". DO NOT let my wife or employer find out there is a way for them to call me when I am riding. Being on the Bike is my only acceptable excuse for NOT answering my phone.

Thruth time, my FF has speakers and a mic, and I do plug the phone in, But only if I want to make a call. I will not answer an incoming call though.
I''ll second that. I carry my phone in a case that mounts on the bars just above the tank-mount speedo. I can see when I get a call; I may or may not answer it when I'm off the road. Part of the reason I'm on my bike is to get away from phones.

The only sounds I want to hear are the wind and my exhaust.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
09 shadow and I don't remember the modulator brand I get off work in 6 hours I'll let you know for sure..

The chatterbox connects through Bluetooth, and yea it hits the battery kinda hard, but I'm probably gonna get the accessory charger for the bike eventually

I don't really use it for calls only if the gf has an emergency, she knows not to abuse it, and work has a special ringtone that is silent lol...I like it because I still hear my engine and exhaust just no wind noise which I could definitely live without it. It's like seeing all the scenery and hearing the bike but now having theme music to go with it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.