Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my stock seat out a couple weeks ago for modification. The seat was re-shaped for my height/weight and had memory foam put in it. It is on the FedEx truck to be delivered back to me today! :D It's 55 & kinda sunny out, depending on what time it comes, I'll be testing it out. I'll be sure to give an update as to how it feels.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where'd you have it done at?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I had mine done a few months ago, I suded a local hot rod interior guy, let me come back and he tweeked the foam to get that just right fit...last time he put in a hunk of memory foam....

the mods done where: 1) cut pan and extended 6" 2) refoamed (now with memory foam under my butt) shaped to fit.

at first it felt odd, but it makes a difrfernce on longer rides (it warms to body temp, and mold to shape)

enjoy, its quite an experince

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Upon litnin's suggestion I went to the local upholstery shop and asked for a quote to carve the foam to accomodate a gel/memory pad I have and then recover it.
$100

:shock: :lol:

I am dropping the seat off Monday when I get home from work and picking it up 3 hours later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sdbrit68 said:
ot of curiosity.....what was the price, I have been looking at this over the mustang seat
The mod I chose was $90 plus shipping there and back (my husband and I sent our seats together and shipping was about $45 combined). When the seats got here yesterday we could immediately tell the difference just by pressing with our hands on the seat. We weren't able to get out for our planned ride, but just sitting on the seats feels wonderful. Hopefully get them tested here in the next couple days.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I got out to ride for about 45 minutes this afternoon. Usually I do some wiggling around, even on short rides, because my butt or lower back starts to get sore. Today's jaunt was completely different though, it felt great! I'll have my final opinion after a longer ride, but I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.