Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need gloves to keep my hands warm. I don't have dc plug so just looking for plain ole non-electrics... any suggestions based on experience welcomed please.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just went with heated grips on my last bike. I didn't like how gloves made my hands feel. It felt like anything that was warm kept me from properly operating the controls or made me a little clumsier than normal. So now when i do cold riding i have some light skin tight gloves that don't restrict movement and turn on the heated grips.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a pair of Held Freezer gloves which are excellent. A bit pricey but can be found fairly reasonable online. Got mine on E-bay a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I'm with Vandinroth. For around $30 you can get DualStar heated elements which install under your current grips. Motorcycle Consumer News rated them a "best buy" and I have put them on several generations of bikes with complete satisfaction. I would not have a bike without them, and they are the first farkle I install on a new ride.

The advantage to heated grips is that they are always there if you need them, eliminating the need to plan ahead or carry extra gloves if the weather changes.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I bought these gloves last winter at my local Honda dealer. They are made by Power Trip. The wrist strap is nice for keeping them tight, and the gauntlet style ends fit right up over my jacket. I was pretty happy with these, but I think I may still look into heated grips for this winter as well for those days where it dips down in the 30's here in the morning.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,075 Posts
Scott snowmobile gloves but I don't ride much when it gets below 50 degrees. The ole' blood is a little thin nowdays.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have two different pair of gloves for the cold. Both have a "thinsulate" lining. Yes for a while they do make me feel like I'm fumbling for the turnsignals and horn but I get used to the feel fairly fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.