Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today with my regular posse, my dad and my husband ;-)

Finally had my throttle wide open, 3,000 miles since July when I got her and just never had the guts (or a reason) to open her up! Out on a two lane highway stuck behind a very inconsistent minivan and finally saw an opening to pass, dad was leading on his Vulcan and made the move and I followed...never know how much time you've got to pass on a two lane so I did it...wasn't so bad, actually a lot of fun for the very short time it took to shoot past that soccer mom and look down at my speedo at 85 ;-)

Found some good new roads to ride too...our same old routes were getting a little old

·
Registered
116 Posts
same here. got some good highway miles in, and explored some back country roads. made it in before the rain started.

love the feeling of opening it up at the bottom of fourth gear and hearing the engine's music.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
glad ya had a nice little ride

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Well everyone should open it up every now and then to make sure the power is there when you need it! Glad you finally did and that you had a good ride!
Coop

·
Registered
517 Posts
Same here! Today I gave full throttle for the 1st time for few seconds and it delivered. I noticed a sound though like clattering... maybe the valves.

I had a good 3hr ride and didn't want to stop but my tail bone was getting pretty sore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.