Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, given the temps this morning, there was a pretty good turnout for a benefit run I attended today. Even got the wife to ride along.:shock: The ride was to benefit a local college girl that her boyfriend almost beat to death with a beer mug after taking some new drug called "spice".

We had 10 or 12 bikes show up and picked up 2 more along the way. The course covered about 135 miles.

We did have one accident. A guy I have rode with in some runs before took a curve a bit too fast for his Ultra Glide and straightened it out. Laid it down pretty hard and thought he may have broken his shoulder or collarbone. We got the bike up and had to pry the front fender off the tire. Once we got it rideable, he said his shoulder wasn't hurting so bad and wanted to see if he could ride!:shock:

The next stop was only a mile or so up the road so he rode there and said he was gonna take it on home. A couple of the guys fell in with him and followed him home. Reports are that he made the trip OK. Hopefully nothing serious with his shoulder.

The only problem I had was everyone wanted to run 70-75 mph all day! Me and the better half were out to enjoy the ride so we wound up riding alone most of the day as I held it back to around 60-65. We may have been the last ones to arrive at all the stops, but we had a great time.

Now the wife is prodding me to add a sissybar and some larger pegs or boards so she will be more comfortable! I'm thinking this might work out all right as I will add some pegs and grips onto that list so that *I* will be more comfortable!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Now the wife is prodding me to add a sissybar and some larger pegs or boards so she will be more comfortable! I'm thinking this might work out all right as I will add some pegs and grips onto that list so that *I* will be more comfortable!:mrgreen:
The changes for my wife started with a sissybar and ended with a bigger bike.

Hope you friend recovers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have already had the "next bike is gonna be bigger" discussion.:mrgreen:

I haven't heard back on the guy that went down, but I am hopeful that he will make a speedy and complete recovery. He definitely has that "get back on the horse" mentality!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.