Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a solo rack coming for my 750 aero and I am looking for a good bag to tie down on that sucker. :wink:

It doesn't need to be very big just something to throw odd stuff like a baseball cap, drinks, ect in. Bonus points if it can function as a part time backrest.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
A rack bag comes handy. I got one and I use for my helmet and lunch for work fits in it good. Show some pic's when you get it on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You'll have to use your imagination for now. I'll come back with picks as soon
as the big brown truck brings the goods. :mrgreen:

12” Long x 10” High x 15” Wide are the listed dimensions for the rack. I'm not looking to put a huge bag on it.

The Hopnel Deluxe Solo Rack Bag is the closest thing I can find. It's really just going to be an everyday bag to throw random crap in.

I'm sure someone with a similar setup will wander in here eventually.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have sold my bike but I have one of each of these. If you are interested, let me know. I used the smaller "overnight" bag about 20 times, and the "main bag" is brand new and unused. I absolutely loved the overnight bag, and used it on my passenger seat so that it doubled as a back rest.
Dowco Iron Rider Overnighter Bag - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Dowco Iron Rider Main Bag - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
The overnighter looks about right if the price is right. :wink:

Good stuff on that site, thanks!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I found this Kuryakyn bag a while back and have been meaning to get it when i get some extra cash.

Tombstone Bag | Küryakyn

I really like the idea that it has a frame that allows it to become a backrest while toting stuff around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like that one, I just wonder if I will be able to strap in down to the
luggage rack tight enough to work. That's the problem I'm having. Most of
the ones meant to be used as a backrest attach to the sissy bar.

I guess it can be made to work as it has plenty of loops to attach straps to.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I mounted the Aero 750 rack onto my Aero 1100 (after much modifications, of course) and have a tail bag that looks like the following:

Cycle Gear - FIRSTGEAR: Laguna Expandable Tail Bag, BLACK

This type of tail bag has built in bungee cords that allows the bag to remain on the rack without slipping. It also has plenty of room for its size Can easily hold a full-faced helmet inside (I think that is what they were made for - not that I have one). My tail bag is a Motrax unit that was on clearance at Cyclegear for $25 when I bought it last year. Keep you eyes open for that type of bag. It really fits and stays well.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,026 Posts
The Dowco ON (as pictured on my ride) is best used with on flat rack surface & sissy bar/backrest setup. It only has a single strap for under the rack mount so to speak. You might look into magnetic or strap mount tank bags/tail bags from Cortech. The even have blue ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts