Honda Shadow Forums banner

Got a project on my hands.

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TopStitch 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Want to introduce myself. My name is Ken and I recently scooped up an 04 1100 sabre with 10075 miles. It has been sitting for a few years and among tires , tune up , oil change and cleaning the fuel system, possibly replacing the pump too it seems pretty decent. I'm tackling this very slowly since my wife thinks I'm going to sell it. (I will probably eventually.) Ive only owned one prior bike a buell white lighting. Stupid simple. EFI and all parts readily available. I'm not experienced with carb bikes so I'll need lots of help along the way. I'm very mechanical but not with carbs. Anyhow for $600 it seemed like a deal. Id attach a photo but I don't know how. Its blue with flames

#5 ·
$600.00 !!!
WOW what a deal. Even if you spend $300-400 more it is excellent.
Try Seafoam through the gas first and go from there. As long as the air intake tubing is still stock it is not too hard to get them running good again.
If you haven't tried to fire it up yet drain the carb float bowls with the screws on the sides a few times to get the gunk out of the bottom and maybe not get sucked up in the jets.

#7 ·
Cool. I actually have tons of rust in the tank. I dumped in and poured a qt of mean green degreaser in it. Shook it around and flushed it. Most of the scale os gone. I need do try the works toilet cleaner and then maybe seal it. I'm also sure the fuel pump could stand to be changed. The owner had a trike kit on it and never got it right so it sat. I offered 500 knowing it needed work. He countered with 6. All of the chrome is good on the case. The rear shocks have some rust and the exhaust is nice but the stinking cylinder fins have some oxidation. Any suggestions?
$600 wow wat you want right now doin nothin
I'm good 👍

#10 ·
Sounds like you are on the right track.
A stuck float or crap in a float needle/seat.
Pull the bowl drain plugs and let the crap drain out.
With the drain plugs out, pour more gas/seafoam into the lines again, and blow it up to the bowls to flush out any remaining crap.
I use a big syringe from the farm store to push gas into the fuel line.
Do that more than once or until no more crap comes out.
It's what I'd do,
:)

Reactions: kesanders
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.