Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still got the Sabre and I ride as much as I can. Well last week the opportunity to get a bike to replace the one I regrettably sold in 2013 came along. I had back then an 01 Buell X1 white lightning. Blue ceramic header, white rims etc. Gorgeous machine. Wife wasn't a fan. Well a month ago on Facebook marketplace and mildly wrecked 2004 Buell xb12r firebolt showed up. It was too much for some guy and he laid it down. Scratches and light dents in the tank/ frame but that's about it. It was towed in without a key but the mechanic got it running. Anyway my first real ride I got the front wheel up. Not intended! I'm 6'4" 280 and it pulled up on me. I'm hoping to convert the triple tree to a lightning model for less lean and more upright position. Anyone here ever had 103hp & 84lb ft in 395lbs under you? Rowdy is an understatement lol.

Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
That sounds like a fun bike. That would be great to do an occasional track day on just to let it go ever now and then. I think those are a little to tempting on the street. The bike begging to take off. I have a 600 and it just likes to rip. I could only imagine the 103 hp with that light weight. Congrats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. It's very short too. Anyone that knows anything about Erik Buell knows he was so ahead of his time. The worst thing Harley ever did was sever ties with him. So many off the shelf parts like TPS, 02 and air temp sensors plus fuel pumps etc are all auto parts. It's crazy. The frame hold the gas. The swing arm holds the engine oil. Just a very neat piece of machinery. I'm not a very aggressive rider so the track day is off the table lol. I drug the foot boards on the sabre Sunday and that's a rarity. There were so many iterations of the xB bikes. There were long and short versions. More trail/ Enduro bikes like the Ulysses etc. All with that thumping air cooled monster down low. Love my Honda for it's precision engineering and reliability. But the Buell makes you question your sanity. 馃槈

Registered
Versys is lighter than a Concours, more upright seating, 574 lbs with bags on. Kawasaki doesn't say, magazine tests indicate in the 110-120HP range. traction control and ABS. getting 45 mpg average. And very smooth. I've added a Corbin seat since that pic.

Registered
I've been known to refer to it as "the big green bottle rocket"

Registered
Still got the Sabre and I ride as much as I can. Well last week the opportunity to get a bike to replace the one I regrettably sold in 2013 came along. I had back then an 01 Buell X1 white lightning. Blue ceramic header, white rims etc. Gorgeous machine. Wife wasn't a fan. Well a month ago on Facebook marketplace and mildly wrecked 2004 Buell xb12r firebolt showed up. It was too much for some guy and he laid it down. Scratches and light dents in the tank/ frame but that's about it. It was towed in without a key but the mechanic got it running. Anyway my first real ride I got the front wheel up. Not intended! I'm 6'4" 280 and it pulled up on me. I'm hoping to convert the triple tree to a lightning model for less lean and more upright position. Anyone here ever had 103hp & 84lb ft in 395lbs under you? Rowdy is an understatement lol.
Just sold my Yamaha FJR 145 hp 650lbs omg fast , cruise control,power windshield,heated grips 50 mpg runs on 87 octane. Just to fast, couldn鈥檛 train my right wrist to behave itself. Seemed to be more nimble than the concours IMO still have old faithful my 96 1100 ACE.
Thanks. It's very short too. Anyone that knows anything about Erik Buell knows he was so ahead of his time. The worst thing Harley ever did was sever ties with him. So many off the shelf parts like TPS, 02 and air temp sensors plus fuel pumps etc are all auto parts. It's crazy. The frame hold the gas. The swing arm holds the engine oil. Just a very neat piece of machinery. I'm not a very aggressive rider so the track day is off the table lol. I drug the foot boards on the sabre Sunday and that's a rarity. There were so many iterations of the xB bikes. There were long and short versions. More trail/ Enduro bikes like the Ulysses etc. All with that thumping air cooled monster down low. Love my Honda for it's precision engineering and reliability. But the Buell makes you question your sanity. 馃槈

Registered
'98 Shadow VT1100t, '16 FJR1300
Just sold my Yamaha FJR 145 hp 650lbs omg fast , cruise control,power windshield,heated grips 50 mpg runs on 87 octane. Just to fast, couldn鈥檛 train my right wrist to behave itself. Seemed to be more nimble than the concours IMO still have old faithful my 96 1100 ACE.
Thats my other ride too! I LOVE my FJR but the Shadow is a different kind of beast for sure.

Registered
Nice. I just sold my 1125cr about 2 months ago. 146hp, 400lbs wet. I survived 3 years of ownership and decided the only thing that bike had left for me was a pine box.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

This is as fast as I currently want to go
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Just got another bike and not sure if it is a good idea?
I always thought when asked how many bikes do you want the answer is always. What ever I have plus 1. LOL

Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
Just last night found the rear tire on the wing got a nail in it and slowly leaking air. My says"lets go get the van from your work so you can drive tomorrow". As I'm walking out of the garage I say to myself "why do I need the van when there are 2 other bikes here to ride?" Yes it was a great idea to get another bike! Hell yes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts