Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Better make sure you have a full tank. Not much out there but yucca and tumbleweed.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Good thing you have that auxiliary tank. Long distances like that without a gas station make me nervous. If there is a strong wind pushing against you, it'd affect mileage enough to make ya nervous....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've encountered parts of Arizona that are like that. Trouble is, sometimes they don't have signs indicating no services. I guess the lesson is: if I'm about to venture into the wilderness, then tank up.

Sanoke ... where is that? Eastern Colorado, no doubt ... but southeastern or northeastern?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TucsonDon said:
I've encountered parts of Arizona that are like that. Trouble is, sometimes they don't have signs indicating no services. I guess the lesson is: if I'm about to venture into the wilderness, then tank up.

Sanoke ... where is that? Eastern Colorado, no doubt ... but southeastern or northeastern?
That's Hwy 94 heading east out of Ellicott, Colorado. It's out on the plains about straight east of Colorado Springs. I had just come in that road from Wild Horse, CO and had put on about 200 miles since I gased up. And like Arizona, most roads here don't have signs like that. I just thought it was interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.