Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people! Just wanted to let everyone know, I purchased my first bike this past weekend and it was delivered to me today. Thanks to all the great advice on this website, I went with the VTX1300C instead of the Spirit 750. I'm 5'10" and about 142 lbs. and this one just fit me better. I'll have this one for a while; won't have to trade up in a year. It's a 2006 Candy Apple red color with Memphis Fats windshield and leather saddle bags. Bought it from a great dealership in Ruston, LA called McKinney. I love it! I completed the Riders' Edge safety course back in November, but have been doing my homework and research since, not wanting to make an impulse buy but rather a smart purchase. Thanks again to all those who helped with my newbie questions; hopefully you will continue to do so. Now I need to practice, practice, practice!!! Wish me luck.

· Registered
1,541 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. One piece of advice -- over the next few weeks you're going to gain experience rapidly, and with that may come some overconfidence. Watch for it and guard against it. Stay humble and focused, and stay safe.

· Registered
5,978 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride, looks like you did your homework and went with what you felt was good for you, also you did good by going the smart way with the Riders Edge course, now as others mentioned take your time and never get over confident, the day you do it might just jump up and bite you back.

· Registered
8,119 Posts
TucsonDon said:
Congratulations on your new ride. One piece of advice -- over the next few weeks you're going to gain experience rapidly, and with that may come some overconfidence. Watch for it and guard against it. Stay humble and focused, and stay safe.
Thats probably some of the best advice I have read on this forum.

Congrats on your new bike. I would love to own that VTX.

Ride safe and enjoy every minute on your bike.

Chris

· Registered
2,902 Posts
I second the request for some pics..... love that VTX1300C... I refuse to sit on it at the dealership when I'm in there for fear I will fall in love.

Would love to see how it looks with the saddlebags....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.