Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals,
today i got my new fire engine red 2011 honda aero 750. i changed her into a small vtx with:
mc-enterprises floorboards with heel-toe shifter, cobra boulevard engine bars, honda large windshield, honda front fender rail, honda passing lights, honda large sissy bar with braces and carrier, honda heated grips, honda studded tank bib, mustang wide studded touring seat with driver backrest, studded bags, cobra radiator screen, free spirit reservoir cover, speedo visor, k&n air- and oil filter, gps-ram mount with electric harness, piggy back for trickle charger, alarm system with remote control and ignition cut off

this weekend i will change the headlight bulb with a bright white xenon 65/100 watt and install my kisan head light modulator, install my kuryakin longhorn engine bar foot pegs,
put on my handle bar clock and handle bar thermometer,
and have to look, what else i have in my storage that will fit the new bike

i named her "my fire red play mobile":mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

will post pix as soon i have finished everything
until then

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice sounds like a good bike. Cant wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulations!

Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
hi guys and gals,
today i got my new fire engine red 2011 honda aero 750. i changed her into a small vtx with:
mc-enterprises floorboards with heel-toe shifter, cobra boulevard engine bars, honda large windshield, honda front fender rail, honda passing lights, honda large sissy bar with braces and carrier, honda heated grips, honda studded tank bib, mustang wide studded touring seat with driver backrest, studded bags, cobra radiator screen, free spirit reservoir cover, speedo visor, k&n air- and oil filter, gps-ram mount with electric harness, piggy back for trickle charger, alarm system with remote control and ignition cut off

this weekend i will change the headlight bulb with a bright white xenon 65/100 watt and install my kisan head light modulator, install my kuryakin longhorn engine bar foot pegs,
put on my handle bar clock and handle bar thermometer,
and have to look, what else i have in my storage that will fit the new bike

i named her "my fire red play mobile":mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

will post pix as soon i have finished everything
until then

ride safe
harry
What? ... No Kitchen sink? :wink:

Sounds great!

Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you so much!
i would invite you for a ride - but in case of a crash - too much road rash.
keep standing beside the bike and let us enjoy the view - of the bike:wink:

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats Harry! Sounds like a sweet ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks,
i had to size down, because my posting in the us comes to an end next summer and after 5 years in new york - there will be only hard ship postings be available (former GUS countries, Balkan, ******** countries or sand ni..er places)- and try to ride there with a big bike - no chance.
therefore i build me my own little vtx

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i hope that will be my last bike until my retirement in 2026 (with 67 years)

since germany starts to bail out all the other eu countries, they pushed our retirement age up to 67 years
in greece, that we just saved with tripple digits of billions of our taxpayers money, they go into retirement at 50! is there something wrong???

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
162 Posts
HotD4m thats a lot of extras!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the same bike last month as well. I just bought Cobra highway bars but can't figure out how to install. The instructions are limited and of course no illustrations/pictures. The clamps don't seem to fit between the radiator to mount on the upper frame. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to have someone do it for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually i don,t know, how to mount them. gave them, together with the floor boards and heel/tow shifter and alarm system to the stealer and he put them on for free.

how much did you pay for the bike?
got mine for $7,499 out of the door plus all the honda line extras i wanted, got them 20% off and mounted for free.

whole bike was at the end $9,500 flat - no taxes - with all honda line products like: large windshield, front fender rail, tank belt, rear carrier with large sissy bar, heated grips, passing lights

was a hard bargain, but worth the time

when i put on the cobra fatties on my vtx i started with unscrewing the floor board (so we start with the pegs i guess), than i fastened the engine bar at the top and after that left and right side with the floor boards together but only a bit on each side.

than fasten both bolts slowly one turn on each side after the other side, until everything ist locked.
at last, i bolted the middle at the head of the radiator

i don't know, if it is the same with the aero. hope that helps

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I got the same bike last month as well. I just bought Cobra highway bars but can't figure out how to install. The instructions are limited and of course no illustrations/pictures. The clamps don't seem to fit between the radiator to mount on the upper frame. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to have someone do it for me. Thanks.
They do fit, just takes a bit of work to get them in there. I have installed the Cobra's on 2 Aero 750's, 2 ACE 750's, 1 Spirit 750, 1 ACE Tourer. All are a bit different, and take a little finesse to install.

Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts