Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I have saddle bags. Never had a problem with theft at all. In all fairness, I do have a private secured parking space at my work so theft is a non issue.
If I happen to head to the mall or on a short errand, I don't usually leave things in my bags that are worth stealing.
Basically I feel that if its worth something to you, then don't leave the items in the bags where they can get stolen.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Never had anything stolen when I had soft bags on my Suzuki M50, but I sure am glad to have the hard locking ones on my Tourer! I never left anything of value in my soft ones either... just not worth the chance.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i haven't had any trouble.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Never have had anything taken from my bike. I leave my helmet sitting on the seat. Same with my jacket. Sometimes I even forget to grab the key out of the ignition.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Never have had anything taken from my bike. I leave my helmet sitting on the seat. Same with my jacket. Sometimes I even forget to grab the key out of the ignition.
That's because you live in freakin' Idaho!! There's nobody there to steal anything!!! Just kiddin', I live in the sticks, too!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Never found them unsnapped or open and have never lost anything. I can't tell you how many times I have went into someplace and forgot to take my radar detector off my handlebars, or left my camera in my pocket on my tank bib and so far so good, no loss of anything. I also don't really have anything of high value in my bags so I won't lose anything if it does happen.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
No problem here either. Most people just take valuables with them or leave them at home! If you have to have your valuables, take a back pack.
Coop

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Not yet. If someone wants my cheap clear over glasses for nighttime riding, or my sweatshirt, or a pack of gum, or a bottle of water ... they are welcome to it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Only near problem for me was years ago, parked at a place called Fox Hills mall in L.A. Came out and found the buckles on my pillion bag were loose, as if someone tried to remove it but couldn't figure out how. That was 25 years ago and never a problem with theft since, knock on wood.

·
Registered
88 Posts
+1 on this one. I carry a set of jumper cables in my bags, because I have been known to leave the key in the ignition in the on position a few times. I tried to start it from a roll, but being shaft drive, an 1100, and I only weigh 170 lbs, makes it near impossible.

·
Registered
291 Posts
this may be one area where the "biker" stigma works for you. I think alot of regular people are too scared to touch a bike for fear of who's riding it.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I have never had anything taken from in or on a motorcycle. Radar detector, GPS, often my carry handgun is locked in a saddlebag (I do remove the magazine whenever I must leave it) never touched, and I park in some....interesting places.

It's interesting to note that for years and years all I ever drove were Jeeps. An Commando, three CJ5's, two CJ7's, and an YJ. As soon as the weather hit 60* in the spring the tops and doors came off until fall. I can't count the number of times that someone went thru the unlocked storage compartments.

I kept tools/snatch straps/gloves/etc in a lockable box behind the rear seats, but the glove box and center console were always gone thru with misc papers and such disturbed or spread around.....

....came out of a bar one time at closing and there is a drunk guy sitting in the shotgun seat. "Take me home" he yells, I played **** dragging the douchebag out of my ride. If he'd asked rather than just hopping in and demanding, he might have gotten a ride. Instead he got, lets just say "ejected".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts