Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Scot Holloway's Turn Signal Relocator Bracket for my Sprit 1100 today. Very fast service. I got the bracket before my check even cleared. That's trust. Thanks Scott!

Now that I have it, I need to purchase the wire and connectors and find the time to install it. Anyone here install it? Any tips on the install? What bags do you now use?

TIA,
Julian

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
zfoxpro said:
Got Scot Holloway's Turn Signal Relocator Bracket for my Sprit 1100 today. Very fast service. I got the bracket before my check even cleared. That's trust. Thanks Scott!

Now that I have it, I need to purchase the wire and connectors and find the time to install it. Anyone here install it? Any tips on the install? What bags do you now use?

TIA,
Julian
Hey Julian,

Make sure you solder the connections. The push on splices are ok...but are not really intended for vibration. Do yourself a favor and solder.

Once you solder the wires, place a piece of heat shrink tubing on the connection. Then apply heat to shrink it.

To solder the connection, get your soldering iron hot (leave it plugged in for about 5 minutes). while you are waiting, cut your shrink tubing to length, and twist the ends together so that the two ends are opposite of each other. Once your iron is hot, touch a little solder on the iron, then touch the iron to the wire (the side of the iron that you placed the solder on). Hold it there for a few seconds then place the solder on the opposite side of the wire. When the wire gets hot enough, the solder will melt into the wire. Remove the iron and let the solder cool. Then slip the heat shrink over the joint and heat the tubing.

Do that for each wire you have to splice. You can then take a larger piece of tubing and place it over the bundle of wires to help hold them together. You can use a longer piece of tubing to cover the entire length of wire.

Now for the fun part. When I relocated my signals, I ran the new bundle through the same hole the taillights were using. It was a tight fit, but it did fit.

Good luck and be sure to yell if you have any questions.

Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies Joe and Jim. I've seen the eurekaboy site, fantastic! It was what got me to order the bracket and there are a lot of other good ideas from there. I see he had changed his bags 3 times. I'm hoping to get it right the first time so I'm wondering, with the bracket on, what is the biggest bag I could fit? I like the Willie & Max and Tour Master.

(Joe, I know you don't need to give this much thought now with the Valk, nice hard bags!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I concur with the previous comments. I used the bracket from Custom Dynamics. (there are no major differences between the two that I could tell) One thing I did was consolidate the ground wires so that I could elimintate some of the bulk traveling to the connection point under the seat. Also, I had wanted to use long runs of heat-shrink but could not find any so I used friction tape wrapped with electrical tape. ( I did use heat-shrink on all connections) I love the increased presence of the turn sigs being that far back and I have yet to decide on bigger bags.

Just take your time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gman
I hope to do the move (of the blinkers) this weekend. Then I start looking for the right bags, (that the fun part ) :D

Ride safe,
Julian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts