Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got the carb out, which was fun and interesting and new and made me feel like a better man(not a mechanic. At all). Now to clean or not to clean? And if to clean, what do y'all recommend? I'm doing the dynojet. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
You always want it cleaner going back in! Congrats to you, my hands are way to dam big to pull carbs!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Pull the bowls ..... give them a good spraying with B-12 ..... install the kit and re-assemble.

·
Registered
358 Posts
And check your float height. DO NOT PINCH THE GASKETS!!! I pinched mine twice. It was $26 a piece and took 3-5 days to get in from Cheapcycleparts.com since the dealership didn't carry them in stock.

I pulled my carbs off the bike 4-5 times when working on mine. It sucked. But if I somehow get my eyes gouged out with cattle prods, I can still get it all out and back in.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Remove the slide diaphrams, and any removable jet or adjustment screws and soak in a 50-50 solution of water and pinesol for 24 hours. Blow out with compressed air, soak the jets on their own in carb cleaner. Carb cleaner will kill rubber parts.

Polish the float needle seats with brasso on a q-tip.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If yo strip off all of the plastic and rubber bits you can boil the carbs in a solution of water and lemon juice. they will sparkle when you are done. takes about 20 minutes. Dry them off with carb cleaner (or brake cleaner, same stuff anyway) then blow them dry with compressed air and re assemble.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
i had hard deposites in the hole where the slider needle fits. I pushed golf tee's in these holes, and filled each jet holder from the bottom with carb spray. After this soaked for 30 min, I hit it with air. Lots of crud came out so I repeated this two more times. This trick fixed a recurring dead band in the mid rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts