Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has been admiring the tourer photos of everyones rides on here and wanting to see what one was like power wise and for highway riding. We rode to Russelville Honda in Arkansas where they had a 2000 Ace Tourer with 23,000 miles on it so we thought we would ride down and check it out and if she liked it try to trade her 07 SA for it. I really liked the ride, it had plenty of power and when I got on I40 it really smoothed out and cruised at 85 no problem. I was surprised how smooth it was and liked the power band through all the gears. She rode and liked it too it seemed to be well taken care of just needed new tires. Couldn't work a deal though I think the manager was smoking crack. He wanted her 07 SA with 12,000 miles on it still under factory warranty until 7/2012 and $800 ( they started at her bike and $1500) from us for a 2000 Ace Tourer with 23,000 miles that needed tires the ones on it were basically unsafe. We walked away,heck her bike is worth more than the tourer in every price guide we looked at but if they would have gotten closer I think she would have done it we both liked the bike.

Here is a photo of the tourer and her bike, probably see why she likes the Ace Tourer.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
He may have been on Crack! Both bikes look good! I do like the Tourers, they are sweeeeeet rides! But remeber, he is in the biz to make money, I had a dealer piss me off royally too over my Aero when I was trying to trade for a Sabre. It all worked out for the best though. You could try to talk to him in a day or so see where he stands. Maybe talk him into new tires and you pay the $800? Idunno, good luck tho!
Coop

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she wants to test ride the VTX 1300 also to compare they have our phone number if they want to counter. Maybe she will find someone looking to trade down I have a few friends who have traded bikes with no money exchange and everyone has ended up happy plus you don't pay all the sales tax and BS with the state when you trade. She is just looking she loves her bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, they even said that they wouldn't sell it as it was because the tires were so bad. Oh well, I'm very happy with my ride (I rode with the stock seat today~REALLY LOVE my Mustang seat!!)

·
Registered
802 Posts
It looks like the tourer is missing the rear heat shield on the exhaust.

That black looks sharp! I could be biased though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That guy was definitely smoking something. It does look like a nice bike, I'm honestly surprised a dealer would let you test ride a bike with tire in bad shape.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That bike is identical to mine, 'cept mine has only 7500 miles on her ;) I'm thinking of selling it around 4,500 bucks, it's flawless in every detail, totally dressed out in new leather (grips, levers, front tool pouch, cobra footboards). I even got the leather fringes for the rear guardrails...it looks like a streetsweeper with them on though :p. New tank bib also... and recently serviced from front to rear (500+).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts