Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man the weather dude was understating the chance for rain this morning....

40 miles of road, 30 miles of rain and no rain suit.... oh well it was a learning experience.

·
Registered
477 Posts
hey shrek, 40 miles of road must mean back home uhh, also, check the radar with intelliscast.com. I did this morning and saw the rain coming so the bike stayed home. But wait till Thursday, 72 degrees and clear. Also you should have a clear ride home this afternoon, but windy.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew there would be good chance for rain, but I expected drizzle only, and then only when I got close to Cornelius. Turns out the rain started in Belmont. oops

The ride home is expected to be dry.

So long as it is not a drenching downpour I should be fine. If it is then I get to stay in a hotel and avoid going home for 24 hours..woo hoo!! always a plus

·
Registered
622 Posts
kara said:
i feel that way after i ride too

:wink:
Kara,

I bet shrek isn't smiling like you are (in your picture, that is). :wink:

Bruce

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Boys...... rain or no rain-- it was 50 degrees this morning here in NC-- there was no way I was leaving my bike home!!! She likes the rain anyway.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Trouble for me is, I get to pick the kids up at school today for the dentist. Ugh. But after getting home, they wont see my tail light till late. Thursday though is going to be the best day yet. Can you say, Hooky. :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah-- I hate when I have days that I "have" to drive the car--- my kid is 14, 2 more years and she can drive herself around!! Yipee!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeah, well 13 and 11 unfortunaly keep me in that frigging red van for a few years to. Oh well, sure beats being in it full time.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
denisep said:
Boys...... rain or no rain-- it was 50 degrees this morning here in NC-- there was no way I was leaving my bike home!!! She likes the rain anyway.....
exactly,

and luckily I am a D.I.N.K.

Double Income No Kids

That means I only have to answer to one whiney pain in the @$$, and God :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got caught in an unexpected rain without any rain geara couple of months ago when I drove to work. I was working the overnight shift, and my drive home was at 5 am, and it was 46 degrees. That was a very miserable, and somewhat scary with the threat of hypothermia, ride. I vowed then to NEVER ride more than 10 miles from home without rain gear packed.

Nice break in the weather here in NC. I'll be riding in to work this afternoon!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yeah, those darn weather people, I was going to ride as well, looked at the morning "news" and they said only a 20% chance, looked out the window and it was pouring, :roll:

Rode the truck, 8) bike tomorrow, 8)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
1 more point for my snow suit that I ride in every day.... doubles as rain gear!! I also wear my kid's North Face (not the fleece one) nylon/elastic, water resistent jacket under my leather for wind protection in the winter.

However, her warm Uggs I snatched this morning are pretty trashed-- got to get me some water proof boots!!

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Re: got to work at 0750. pants are still wet

shrek said:
Man the weather dude was understating the chance for rain this morning....

40 miles of road, 30 miles of rain and no rain suit.... oh well it was a learning experience.
Keep a cheap set of Frogg Toggs on the bike.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: got to work at 0750. pants are still wet

chornbe said:
Keep a cheap set of Frogg Toggs on the bike.
+1
Light and compact. Just don't let 'em even suspect there's an exhaust pipe anywhere nearby.
I added a heat resistant patch to mine, made out of an old ironing board cover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts