Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of negetive talk about Harley guys around here I would like to relate a positive story. It begins yesterday afternoon on my ride about. I was flying solo that afternoon. I had done some milage in the Finger Lakes region of CNY and time and space where catching up with me so I must make a mile to go get the young princess from my mothers. I was doing a pretty good clip up Rt. 321 heading out of Skaneateles. Collector might say " nearly full chat". For fear of incrimination I will relate my speed to nearly 4K RPM in top gear on the Aero. You know having fun! In the opposite lane a fine lad on his Harley Davidson motor bicycle was waving to SLOW DOWN! Being a self-preservationist I grabed some front disk, stomped some rear drum and kicked her down a gear. Who knows, might be a 5 car pile up or a dead rino in the road. As I approched with my usual caution I did not see a pile up of dead rinos. I continued my leisurely pace because there could be a live rino in the bush. I was down to about 48 MPH when I rolled thru a NYS trooper radar trap in a 45 zone. The Ms. trooped did not even stir. That fine lad with his minimum DOT lid, tattoos and pierced whatever saved me some serious bread. I thank him.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yup - been there. Often i find myself wanting to pass everything in site to only realize that had I done so I'd have gotten nailed. :eek: Then other times, I pass everybody, officer included and don't get nailed - not my turn to get nailed i guess. :p Then there are other times yet where it is my turn to get nailed. :oops: Long story short, and advice i have to learn to live by: I need to quit doing things that could potentially get me nailed. :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have seen the old “head pat” a few times and have always been grateful. When I see a trap and soon after another bike, I pat my head ( the signal, at least around here) to indicate a speed trap. I too say thanks to all those who have saved me money and points.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.