Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Dad calls me out of the blue today and asks "you wanna buy my bike" I think about for a few and say sure. So my VLX is going up for sale. Thought about keeping her and getting a second bike but decided to sell her. I really love my VLX but I need a little more power. So I am buying my Dad's 2000 Sportster 1200. When he asked if I wanted it, my response was "how much?" so he says he give me a sweet deal a grand. I can't say no. When asked why he is selling it he said he needs something bigger for riding with my mom. She complains about her behind hurting so he might be getting a VTX 1800. I know alot of people don't care for Harley (over priced and they are) but this is a steal.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
A grand? Damm... Yeah, I'd probably be all over that one too. Plus, it's your Dad... you two can work on it together ;) *ducking to avoid thrown things*

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A grand? Damm... Yeah, I'd probably be all over that one too. Plus, it's your Dad... you two can work on it together ;) *ducking to avoid thrown things*
We have worked on it together I helped do the 1200 conversion with him took about 2 days and it was done. Other than that it has been as reliable as his old Yamaha, but he takes care of thing and does all routine maintenance. I just have to figure out how I am gonna get it and when. The biggest thing is that I leave for Afghanistan again in about 2 months, so probably won't get it till I get home, but my dad is gonna ride it on occasion so it will still be in working order when I get back.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Not the worst deal I've ever heard. I'd test ride it and see what you think about it. Honestly, a grand for a HD that can ride at all is worth looking at.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not the worst deal I've ever heard. I'd test ride it and see what you think about it. Honestly, a grand for a HD that can ride at all is worth looking at.
I have rode it a ton of times so I know what I am getting into.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That is a very good deal, that's really a no-brainer. Enjoy the Harley.
Bike riding is really an evolution.
Dan

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you're selling your bike, can you post pix and the price? I live near you. I hate that you are going back for another tour. Be safe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If you're selling your bike, can you post pix and the price? I live near you. I hate that you are going back for another tour. Be safe.
I will send you a pm as soon as I figure out when I am gonna go get it or when I am actually deploying, My scoot is my daily driver so I really don't want to be with out a ride. I have my truck and car but don't wanna be without a bike, for a long period of time. Here is a pic though. I have bags and a sissy bar also for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts