Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a nice ride up to the folks'... 190 miles each way. Bike got 54 MPG, riding between 70 and 80. 95-100 degrees out, no overheating issues at all (except for me!!) and ran like a champ. Ready to go do it again!! Trying to work my way up to a 1000 mile round trip ride here before the season ends, so far so good. Brought the camera charger and forgot the camera!!! Sis-in-law took one of me and my niece and nephew, though... just before heading out to come home.

Was a great ride, a doe and fawn crossed the road in front of me so close I could almost touch them... of course, I was slowed way down 'cuz I saw them running in the ditch alongside. Learned that the bike is pretty stable on the road in gusty winds, all in all had a wonderful time visiting and riding :)

Child Family Father Toddler Daughter

·
Registered
758 Posts
Rock on! And you are tougher than I for riding in that level of heat. I pretty much choose the cage if the daytime high is going to exceed the low 90s.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cool! :D

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Took a nice ride up to the folks'... 190 miles each way. Bike got 54 MPG, riding between 70 and 80. 95-100 degrees out, no overheating issues at all (except for me!!) and ran like a champ. Ready to go do it again!! Trying to work my way up to a 1000 mile round trip ride here before the season ends, so far so good. Brought the camera charger and forgot the camera!!! Sis-in-law took one of me and my niece and nephew, though... just before heading out to come home.

Was a great ride, a doe and fawn crossed the road in front of me so close I could almost touch them... of course, I was slowed way down 'cuz I saw them running in the ditch alongside. Learned that the bike is pretty stable on the road in gusty winds, all in all had a wonderful time visiting and riding :)

View attachment 2197
sounds like it was a great ride/time. congrats!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It's the proper way to get started Kathy, get your butt in that seat and ride a little farther every time. If your bike is like my 1100 it's very comfortable to ride and I had no problem doing 1000+ mile trips always with a smile.

Never forgot my camera:wink:...just the batteries lol

300 to 350 mile days seem to suit me just fine as I traveled.
On my Goldwing it's a different story the seat just bites and after 5000 miles in the saddle I just can't get use to it :( not sure what seat to buy yet so I just take the beating ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.