Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am in the best riding back yard available! Tim here and am researching for my first bike. As I am told half the fun of riding is researching for a ride. So this is my first post and intro to a forum that seems as friendly as it is informative....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Greetings from central North Carolina. Bike shopping is far more fun that car shopping.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
welcome aboard Tim. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum. May the number of your rides always equal the number of safe returns. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome Tim!
What kind of bike are you thinking of?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Welcome Tim!

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Shadow was a 750 but I had a Vulcan 900 Classic for almost four years. The Customs are great looking bikes and the 900 is good all around. The biggest complaint people have with it is that it gets revvy at highway speeds, turning about 4200RPM at 75MPH. Other than that, it's hard to beat, especially for the price you can get a used one for.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Welcome from Winston-Salem Tim. NC is a friggin nice place to ride year round. Hills, valleys, and beach side. Bought my first bike off Craigslist. 2000 Shadow Sabre 1100.
Great beginner bike that does everything I need it to do. Hauls 450 pounds of me and the misses up the twisties with no problem but scoots around the city like a smaller bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts