Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

Been lurking for a while, but figured I'd introduce myself. I'm 44 and just recently purchased my first bike ever. It's a 2017 Honda Shadow Phantom and I love it. I completed my MSF course earlier this month after riding under a permit for about a month just to get the hang of riding. So far I'm having a blast and look to put on a lot more miles next year. I've only put about 800 miles on the bike so far, but I'm just getting the hang of riding and I don't like to venture too far out just yet.

My longest ride was just yesterday when I went up to New Buffalo, MI (about 150 mi round trip). This trip made me realize I need to replace the stock seat badly. It's not the most comfortable. Here's a pic of my bike in case you're interested.

Cheers,
James
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,644 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Alabama. Nice looking Phantom. Yeah, those stock seats are not much good past 45 minutes. I recommend the Mustang Wide Tourer, made a world of difference on my Phantom.

Wow,,,I need to update that pic!!!

This is what mine looks like now,,,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Troy Jollimore

·
Premium Member
'08 Spirit 750
155 Posts
Howdy, from an expat Hoosier (Elkhart). Yeah, seat change is a given if you ride'er much. I went the unit Mustang route (mostly for the wider pack seat), and just put a 1600 miler on it. Pricey, but my tuchus approves. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome, nice looking Shadow. I’m over in SW Michigan myself, not too terribly far from you. I suspect we’ll get a few more weeks of riding weather in.

·
Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
508 Posts
Welcome.... and agreed on that stock seat....I needed to invest in a better seat as my wife rides with me a lot and as small as she is, that stock passenger pillion is just for looks. lol.
I've said it on here before, if you find a site that's giving a good deal that you can fit in the budget on a Mustang seat, best mod you can do to your bike for comfort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum from Alabama. Nice looking Phantom. Yeah, those stock seats are not much good past 45 minutes. I recommend the Mustang Wide Tourer, made a world of difference on my Phantom.

Wow,,,I need to update that pic!!!

This is what mine looks like now,,,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one! I love the ammo box "saddle bags"! Very cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts