Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

I am new to the world of Honda Shadows and this site was recommended as the place to be for all things Shadow! I originally started riding several years ago on a Rebel 250 and then stopped riding for a while, searching for the "right" older bike. This past year, I came across a 1985 Honda VT700 that the previous owner did a lot of work on, including replacing the VT700 with a VT750. I have been in love with the bike since I brought it home.

I am from northeast Ohio, and the only one in my riding group with a Honda. I really enjoy how well she rides, and definitely how maneuverable she is. Needless to say, I need to learn all I can, and this is why I am here (in between when I ride) - and I figure I'll be on here much more in the winter while she sits in the garage. I look forward to interacting with all of you, and showing off my new girl!

Best regards to everyone and ride safely!

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum .
That old girl is lookin' good !

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,902 Posts
Nice bike! So the PO put a 750 motor in there? Am I understanding correctly?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,506 Posts
It should be an easy swap with a 1983 engine, since the 1983-85 bikes are pretty much the same except for the decrease in CC's for a few years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@blue flames: That is correct. It is a US-shipped 1985 that had a 700cc in it because of the Reagan tariffs on the bikes over 700ccs. The previous owner took the 700 that was in it and put a 1983 750cc in it. 1985 750cc Shadows existed, though, only in Canada, as there was no tariff there for the larger motor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@bd*: Thanks for the welcome and the complement. Not a bad looking motor yourself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts