Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rider and looking forward to taking advantage of the vast knowledge of everybody!

I just bought a 1985 vt700c from craigslist. The seller posted the year as 1980 and after I did some digging, I discovered that Honda didn't start the Shadow line until 1983. The guy kicked himself pretty hard when he looked at the title and recognized his error. Oh well. Runs good and feels solid; needs some TLC, but all-in-all, not bad for a grand!

So, I've got a question:

I'm not a fan of the seat situation and want to remove the passenger seat and put on a new solo seat. Any suggestions on a suitable replacement that won't be too difficult to put on?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
eric, you might want to post a couple quick bs posts here so you can get that crap out of the way and then post the same question in the technical section. Oh, and by the way, welcome aboard man. Lot's of folks on here with the same make and model bike. Plenty of great experience and knowledge over in the technical section. Don't listen to all the guys begging for pictures or snivveling about pic size. They're worse than a bunch of old pervs on a teen cheerleader site! Hope your bike gives you many hours of enjoyment!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts