Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Rode my ACE over to the mechanics today, been chasing a wiring gremlin for 3 days now, it keeps blowing the 15 amp fuse for the tail lights, signals brake lights, horn speedo lights and neutral light, also gonna have him install a new chain and 38t rear sprocket along with 4 degree timing advance

has anyone seen one of these before?

Fits Kawasaki Vulcan 750 800 900 1500 Fairing Batwing Wind Shield Windshield | eBay

they make them for shadows also
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Kawasak...3D391022371674

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...380&s=prod.php

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I use a Mutazu wing. It's a nice wing and works well. Just be cautious with the one you get. Measure your headlight because mine was 7 1/2 inches wide. It looks like that universal wing is for 7" headlights. The brackets and the windshield will run you another $200 to $250 also if you go with Memphis Shades stuff. You can buy complete Memphis Shades Batwing packages for $450 to $500.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades wing on my Vstar 1300. Won't ever ride without a wing / shield again.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,579 Posts
Look in the rear fender for smashed wires due to bottoming out the suspension.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Look in the rear fender for smashed wires due to bottoming out the suspension.
Exactly what I was going to post...;)

@OP...the quality of Mutazu fairings are kind of debatable. I would definitely recommend getting the Memphis Shades setup.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,579 Posts
I don't agree, I think they work just fine.
Ha said QUALITY not whether they work. 99% of the time you get what you pay for but if it satisfies your needs/budget then happy riding but @ the same time I feel most Memphis products are over priced except the Batwing.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Ha said QUALITY not whether they work.
Well, quality is too subjective to disagree with, but functionally it doesn't crack or scratch easily, looks good and fits well, and it protects the rider from bugs and wind. I've never owned an MS Batwing so I don't have anything to compare it to. If big poppa pump can list the things he feels Mutazu is lacking in quality we can discuss it. Please do not bring Saddlebags into the discussion, that is a different animal altogether.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did look under th rear fender, thanx H13, but found nothing noticeable there, hoping my mechanic will be able to find the problem quickly.

I think I will try the Mutazu, thanx Harry, since funds for my bike are low right now, but I really want a batwing up front for better wind deflection

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mechanics gonna charge $275 to fix wiring bugabo, install new chain and 38t sprocket and 4 degree adv timing, not a bad deal. cant wait to get her back. but prolly wont be till next Monday since I am gonna be busy all weekend at the speedway workin the Rolex 24 hr race

1 - 11 of 11 Posts