Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys ive been searching the forums all afternoon to find a solution to my blinker problem that developed today. ok its an 83 shadow 750, ive checked everything, wires, switch, bulbs. my manual doesnt go into any detail about the relay or location, the closest thing ive found is a silver three wire relay maybe beside the battery, manual doesnt say how to test it, any body know?

all other lights work, turn the blinker switch on and the light goes out on that side and no rear blinker either, please somebody let me know if im missing something.

thanks
donnie

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like the relay is stuck, whack it with something. It’s a small black box in a rubber holder, under the left side cover on the bottom/right corner of the battery area.

Edit: you should be able to hear it clicking.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hhmm...yeah that must be another of those slight 83 to 85 differences, but yeah thats it. Mines a box.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yes the blinker relay is right next to the battery on the 83. Just go to an auto parts store and buy a three pronged 12 volt relay. Should be around 6 to 12 dollars. Hardwire the relay since the connection will be different. Worked great on mine..

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I had a problem with the blinker switch on my 84 VT700c when I turned it on sometimes it would blink sometimes it wouldn't, what ended up being wrong is that the contacts in my switch were worn down enough that they were no longer touching.

What I ended up doing was cutting a 0.008 feeler gauge into a little tiny rectangle and then stuck it behind the slider part of the switch, this brought the contacts closer together and the blinkers have worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
which prong gets the hot wire, lol tried the flasher from my chevy truck put the hot in the middle prong, didnt worh
k, guess i had it wrong

Just use process of elimination and move the wires to each prong until you find the right combination. It took me a few times before I found the right set up.

+1 on the clean connections and ensureing all the bulbs are working as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.