Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been playing a little over a year. I already own three, why the h3ll am I scanning craigslist and dropping by the local shops looking at others so much?
This normal or do I have one of those addiction prone personalities and I'm just realizing this?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm not sure what normal is, but you're not alone...

My '66 Vox Wildcat that I bought in 1980. Been playing for 45 years, and I still look at new guitars in music shops.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Same here... I always look at new guitars all the time. In fact, recently I checked out this guitar in a music store and just about died and went to heaven.

Epiphone Sheraton II

This guitar didn't just play... It sang. :cool: When I played it on the bridge pickup, I was Chuck Berry. When I played it on the neck pickup, I was BB King.

I already told my wife that as soon as I get myself financially back to work, I'm celebrating by buying this guitar. It will be a nice addition to my trusty old Fender Stratocaster.

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Same here... I always look at new guitars all the time. In fact, recently I checked out this guitar in a music store and just about died and went to heaven.

Epiphone Sheraton II

This guitar didn't just play... It sang. :cool: When I played it on the bridge pickup, I was Chuck Berry. When I played it on the neck pickup, I was BB King.

I already told my wife that as soon as I get myself financially back to work, I'm celebrating by buying this guitar. It will be a nice addition to my trusty old Fender Stratocaster.

How many married men stop looking at other women? ( And I mean look at not leer)
How many riders stop looking at other bikes? It's normal as long as it does not get obsessive..what is obsessive to you? Heck I look at guitars all the time and I don't even play.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh yeah, look all the time, been playing guitar, bass, drums for over 30 years. I get emails from several companies all the time. I grew up in a musical family, so I'm constantly looking. I would love to get a carvin customer bass. Have fun with it. Doesn't hurt to dream. :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've got 5 guitars and I don't even attempt to play. Much.

I go through phases of fanatic practicing for a few weeks, then I get too busy, when I get back to it I have to start over... Trouble is, I really like them, I'm just not very good at it.

I also have an upright grand piano that I haven't even tried to play since I was 12.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It's called GAS - Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

Here is a pic I just took of my downstairs rig:

The acoustic is a Martin 000-28EC (Eric Clapton) and the electric is an '05 American Telecaster. The amp is a Fender Blues Junoir.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Awesome guitars Doug. Love those Gibsons. We have 3 guitars, a mandolin and a drum set here.

I sold my two babies, a Gibson ES 135 and a Guild Starfire V a couple years back.
Those were my prize possessions.

Chris

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It's called GAS - Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

Here is a pic I just took of my downstairs rig:

The acoustic is a Martin 000-28EC (Eric Clapton) and the electric is an '05 American Telecaster. The amp is a Fender Blues Junoir.

Nice looking Set!

I've got the bug for another couple.... My 1952 Gibson LG1, Martin DM, and couple others are great, but I'd love a J-45.

I'm also eyeing up a Godin Montreal and little 5 watt epiphone tube amp. They sound great together

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have an red Ovation Thunderhead, it was made in the late 60's to early 70's. The picture is from the web but it looks exactly like that and the black guitar is my Jackson DKMG Dinky and then I have a blue Fender T-Bucket acoustic electric guitar.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Anyone interested in a custom guitar should look into my buddy's stuff. His name is Josh and he hand makes some great stuff. He can modify them in any way you want, including neck width/diameter, custom distressing, and more. Give it a look: Protocaster Galllery

·
Registered
802 Posts
Anyone interested in a custom guitar should look into my buddy's stuff. His name is Josh and he hand makes some great stuff. He can modify them in any way you want, including neck width/diameter, custom distressing, and more. Give it a look: Protocaster Galllery
Your friend does nice work and the price is reasonable, especially for hand-shaped necks.

Love the SG's and want one badly.

Here's more of my collection:

'63 Custom Shop NOS

'67 Gretsch Tennessean

'69 Telecaster

Gibson J-160E "Peace" (Lennon bed-in tribute)

'77 Musicmaster Bass

'07 Rickenbacker 350-V63 "Liverpool"

'07 Masterbuilt Rosewood Telecaster (George Harrison - My favorite one)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Just like firearms I guess, and like jewelry to the ladies.
I play maybe once a week for a couple hours if I get the time, I play my Ibanez more than the Gibson, probably because that's what I learned on, and it feels more familiar.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just like firearms I guess, and like jewelry to the ladies.
I play maybe once a week for a couple hours if I get the time, I play my Ibanez more than the Gibson, probably because that's what I learned on, and it feels more familiar.
It looks like you have the humbucker bases covered! I try to play a little every day, that's why I have some downstairs. Lately been learning Hotel California but to do it justice you need a 12-string.

Nice Tele - how heavy, made of rosewood?
Thanks, 9.1 pounds. The body is hollowed out a bit to reduce weight but the first ones made in '69 were solid, sort of and weighed a ton. They have two pieces of rosewood sandwiching a slice of maple as you can see here on mine:

There is no skunk stripe or truss rod plug on the neck, and it is the absolute finest piece of wood I've ever felt in my hands.

Here's George with his and a close-up showing the sandwich.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts