Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I love the Gunny
This is a good video - the gunny's bike looks cool.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I looked at an '03 Vic just the other day... a bit out of my price range but looked like a good ride. But... Polaris? Aren't they the Ski-Doo folks? How do they stack up in the cycle world?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at an '03 Vic just the other day... a bit out of my price range but looked like a good ride. But... Polaris? Aren't they the Ski-Doo folks? How do they stack up in the cycle world?
Polaris owns Victory. Victory bikes are more or less designed by Arlen Ness and his son. Victory has a pretty darned good reputation. Ticked a few owners off that bought the 96ci models in '09 (I think) and the '10 models all came out with the 106ci motor. They are, indeed, pricey, but those that own them regardless of the motor size seem to love them (at least those that I have talked to personally). All are former HD owners who swear that they won't go back to HD.

If I had the $$$, a Cross Roads or a Cross Country would be sitting in my garage right now...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting. Right now my dream bike is a Victory Vision. They are really not that pricey. If you compare the Victory Vision new at around $25k fully loaded to anything in Harley's FLH line you will find, in my opinion, much more bike for much less money. They don't seem to hold their value though. There aren't many used Visions out there but the ones I have seen are at about $14k a couple of years old. Compare that to a used Harley. The only used bikes in the FLH line that I have seen under $20k have a ton of miles on them. Even the two used Goldwings I looked at recently had high miles and were in the $14k/$15k price range.

I met a guy on a bike run a few weeks ago who is riding his 2nd Victory. The first was totaled when an old lady in Cadillac ran a red light (the Cadillac was totaled also) throwing he and his wife off the bike. He loved that Victory so much that he bought a new one before he was even out of a cast. He couldn't stop talking about how much he loved that Victory and a lot of the Harley guys were checking it out. Based on talking to him and a couple of other Victory owners I've seen on the street the only issue with owning a Victory around here is there is one local dealer for service and they don't have the best reputation. That won't stop me from buying one. As it is I pass one Honda dealer to go into NJ to a dealer I like for service. I'd simply do the same for a Victory if I owned one.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The Victory bikes used to have a very "clunky" transmission, and turned a lot of people off. I wonder if they resolved that issue?
Myself, I really like some of them, especially the Interstate bikes!
Dan

·
Banned
912 Posts
Nope, Polaris did start out making snowmobiles as did Ski-Doo (Bombardier), but they are different companies. Take it from someone who grew up in Wisconsin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.