Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had previous experience with small engines, VW 70-80's and as a driver numerous military vehicles primarily HMMWV. I bought an inexpensive starter bike (vt750c 83') which I assume needs rebuilding in multiple areas. I have always shied away from short blocks, trans and heads. This is not from lack of understanding or attention to detail. I have not done it and would like to further get my hands on the engine other than a cursory knowledge. I am willing to travel evening and weekends. I am currently enrolled in another program of studies so an actual school is not an option, more a shot in the dark. -JD

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
If you can get it running fairly well I would just ride it till you get tired of it and want to trade up. It is getting hard to find parts for our old machines and many projects just get pushed into a corner because of the frustration of getting new parts. Here is a link to the service manual for your bike that the good folks here have provided.
And as I always say= " Study the manual because there WILL be a test".

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/122857-honda-service-manuals.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts