Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So yesterday was a beautiful day so I decided to go riding..Was riding on Ogden Ave(major road by me) as I was riding in the right lane(going about 45) I notice a bump on the road but from distance, it looked kinda small so I decided to go over it...Well, it was bigger than I thought and as I went over it, I bounced off my seat good 4-6 inches and while I was coming back down, my right hand jerked and hit the throttle and I lost the balance of the bike for a sec or two..didnt crash or anything but kinda freaked me out....
I finally got the owners manual so tonight after work I am making the suspension softer so it doesnt happen again..also will avoid that bump next time..lol
In the future, if I see a bump, even if it looks small from the distance, I will go around it

·
Registered
299 Posts
The BRC teaches to "stand on the pegs" and lift your rear end off of the seat when going over raised objects. This technique might have made it a little easier to cope with.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did take a class through MSF and was told the same thing but someone told me to NOT do this on cruiser bikes because pegs are forward

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've found pushing on the highway/cruiser pegs works pretty well. I can stand a little on my controls too; they're forward but I'm a bit tall for the bike so they're almost like mids to me.
I've been thinking of softening my rear springs for this very reason. Some of those bumps can be really jarring.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Naperville, IL...I actually live in Downers Grove IL and Ogden goes through Downers Grove and Naperville

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MD 20/21..you ever ride your bike out by me??? Naperville, downers grove, Lisle area??
none of my friends ride and Ive been DYING to go riding with someone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts