Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to unscrew the bolt that goes over the tab on the back of the seat. (installing K&N filter, jet kit, new seat). But when trying to unscrew it, the dang think broke on me! Here's what I'm left with. Let me know If the pic doesnt show up. Doing this from the iPhone.

Just wanna know how I should go about getting out without scratching the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
You may need to remove the fender, hard to tell from pic. But it would probably safer to remove it, then put a pair of vise gips on it, Or try to drill a hole in it and use a Easy out, I have never had much luck on smaller bolts with easy outts though.
Good luck!
Coop

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I believe that bolt is spot welded to the fender from the bottom. Probably need to remove the fender to get the old bolt out and then tack a new one in place. I don't think you can use an easy-out, the head of the bolt is under the fender spot welded in place.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Agreed with Spool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the feedback and suggestions. Really appreciate it. I'm gonna ride with the single seat for now, which looks so wrong with the stock wiring/fender. What can ya do? I have a Corbin gunfighter on the way from a fellow member and I'll get to work on it when it comes to putting the new seat on. Again, thanks a ton!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I took a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and carefully ground the head off the bolt from the underside of the fender. Go slow so as not to over heat the paint. Once the head is completely gone. Take punch and drive the remaining part of the bolt out. A new one of the correct size will fit right in the hole and may not need to be tacked in. A word of advice. Use a stainless steel bolt so it doesn't rust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts