Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to change the handle bars on my shadow to something more like a drag bar but don’t want to alter the current hand position much. Suggestions as to how I can achieve this?

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts
No, because you fail terribly at "info 101".

·
Registered
614 Posts
I never liked the stock 750 Ace bar position. Some 1" spacers under the bars and the ends angled down more really helped.

These will give almost a drag bar type hand position without too much work/mods if any. and have a good wrist angle. Note the last picture. The taller rise in stock risers also gives a lot more adjustment room foward/back than drag bars. With the more straight forward arm position, the wind is no longer trying to drag your hands off the ends of the bars like the stock 750 ace bars, much less tiring. .Drag bars in taller risers tend to block the indicator lights and/or the speedo And I've found most to not have enough pullback, making your wrists angle inward.

I run Harley Dyna factory mini apes on my 1100,. note sig pic. The Chumps are close and a little shorter.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Drag bars have NO rise, so they will be lower by the amount of rise in the stock bars.
You can add more rise with drag bars by installing Taller risers, like 750 Spirit risers that are about 5 1/2 inches.
jmo,
That will look like this:

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts