Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna keep this simple..

I ordered a drag/t-bar off Motorcycle Superstore with 1-1/4" diameter and the risers don't fit the stock tree of my '99 Spirit 1100...

The bars need to be 3" inside to inside & 5" outside to outside for the stock tree.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a set of drag/t-bars for my '99 Spirit 1100 that will actually fit my bike??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
As far as I know, harley bars won't fit because their riser spacing is different than metrics. Their spacing is 3.5" (center of riser to center of riser) while our bikes are 100mm or just over 3.9".

Try ordering from JP Cycles, input your bike and model on the front page and go from there. The website will only show stuff that actually fits your bike, or universal stuff. Scootworks or Cruiser Customizing does the same thing I think, not sure.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
while our bikes are 100mm or just over 3.9".

Try ordering from JP Cycles, input your bike and model on the front page and go from there. The website will only show stuff that actually fits your bike, or universal stuff.
I just recieved the new JP Metric catalog and was going to suggest the bars with the riser that are part of the handle bar. Much cleaner looking. Good folk to deal with also from my experience.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
The 1-1/4" diameter OEM bars on the VTX 1300 Sabre might fit..... Spirit VT 1100 and Sabre VT 1100 have the same spacing. Try inquire or take a measuring tape with you to the dealership. I take it you don't want 1" diameter drag bars.

VTX 1300 Sabre shown below.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Those should work just fine and clear the tank. Grip position might be a few inches lower than your stock bars.

I was originally going to go with these:

Milwaukee Twins Radius Handlebars | 500-802 | J&P Cycles

But they may be too long for my liking. But these ones share the same amount of rise and pullback as the ones you're looking at. You'll have to let me know how those work out for you, if you order them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those should work just fine and clear the tank. Grip position might be a few inches lower than your stock bars.

I was originally going to go with these:

Milwaukee Twins Radius Handlebars | 500-802 | J&P Cycles

But they may be too long for my liking. But these ones share the same amount of rise and pullback as the ones you're looking at. You'll have to let me know how those work out for you, if you order them.
I'll definitely let you know how they work out for me (6'4" guy)..

Anyone know what kind of piece I need in order to secure these new handlebars (with a threaded hole in the risers) to the stock tree of my bike???

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'll definitely let you know how they work out for me (6'4" guy)..

Anyone know what kind of piece I need in order to secure these new handlebars (with a threaded hole in the risers) to the stock tree of my bike???

Not exactly sure, but installation instructions should come with the bars, and in them it will mention exactly what bolts you'll need. You'll be able to get them at most hardware stores.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, did you end up getting this figured out? I want to get some drag bars for my 1995 Shadow ACE 1100, but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what size diameter bars I need? It looks like from your posts above that I need the 1 1/4" diameter?

Also, what size pull back I can have so the bars won't hit the gas tank? And how do the drag bars attach to the forks? Which specific bars are recommended? Any help is appreciated! Thanks all

·
Registered
219 Posts
M/C's

I have the 500-802's from JP. Clearance is fine.
I'd love to know where I can get a set of left and right Master Cylinders that look like that. G/F's 88 VT1100 Shadow Spirit has drag bars, but the OEM M/C's that are deeply tilted. Concerned about filling and bleeding effectively with them so sharply tilted. Her bars are pretty thick.

Any ideas where to find those? Thanks in advance.
Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi, did you end up getting this figured out? I want to get some drag bars for my 1995 Shadow ACE 1100, but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what size diameter bars I need? It looks like from your posts above that I need the 1 1/4" diameter?

Also, what size pull back I can have so the bars won't hit the gas tank? And how do the drag bars attach to the forks? Which specific bars are recommended? Any help is appreciated! Thanks all
If you are doing separate bars and risers, you will need a 1" bar for pull back risers that accept 1" bars. If you want the 1 1/4" drag bar, you will need to buy risers that accept 1 1/4" bars, but normally the bars are tapered at the ends to accept your stock controls, which are on a 1" bar.

The T-bars above, however, do not have separate risers and are tapered at the end to accept your stock controls. You can probably get any size T-bar as long as you make sure they accept stock 1" controls. T-bars attach to the triple tree the same way that risers do, with a threaded bolt under the triple tree that threads into the T-bar. Not sure how much rise you would need though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 500-802's from JP. Clearance is fine.
Those bars will swap right out with the stock ones? And the rest of the stock controls will fit fine on them? That is exactly the look I want, so just wanted to confirm before I order them. I have a 95 Shadow ACE 1100.

Is there any other hardware needed to mount those 500-802 bars from JP? Just want to make sure I get everything needed to swap over to them.

Thank you guys!

Also, Kingshead - Where did you get that seat? That is awesome!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts