Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Shadow 750 Aero, the one with the risers that are an intergal part of the handlebars. Anyway, I want to replace my bars.

I've found several Shadow replacement risers on eBay. Which risers work on my bike? Has anyone figured this out already?

I know that they're tons of aftermarket ones out there. For some reason I want to use OEM risers.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Doobby

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
What kind of bars you looking to put on

T Bar

Apes

Beach Bars

You will want taller risers for T bar for example perhaps as much as eight inches

You might want to stay at a fairly stock height for wide low bars

for apes stock height or even smaller ( unless you are like me )

There is no difference in quality between today's aftermarket and OEM but there is often a big difference in price.. when I did the apes on the ACE I used eight inch Harley risers...worked fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be installing beach bars. I guess to be clear, I'm not asking about the recommended rise, diameter, or anything like that.

What I would like to know is will risers from another model yeay of Shadow fit mine? Will risers from at '03 fit my '05? Will risers from an 1100 fit my Shadow?
Are the integrated risers (permanently attached to the bars) that much different?

I see a lot of stock Honda risers on eBay. Just want to be sure that if I buy some stock risers, they will bolt up to my tree.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I'll be installing beach bars. I guess to be clear, I'm not asking about the recommended rise, diameter, or anything like that.

What I would like to know is will risers from another model yeay of Shadow fit mine? Will risers from at '03 fit my '05? Will risers from an 1100 fit my Shadow?
Are the integrated risers (permanently attached to the bars) that much different?

I see a lot of stock Honda risers on eBay. Just want to be sure that if I buy some stock risers, they will bolt up to my tree.
as long and they came from the same diameter handlebars ( one inch or 7/8 inch as an example isers are risers, they bolt up the same, yours just happen to be joined to the bars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts