Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First I want to say that English is not my first language, and I apolagise in advance if I make some technical mistakes explaining my problem.
Recently I bought a Honda Shadow 600vt year 1995 for a Bobber project.
The only problem that I cannot find a solution for, is that one of the rubber tampons, which is bellow the hangers of the handlebar is totally ripped. I am attaching a picture as well.
This makes the handlebar really floppy, and all the vibrations go directly trough it which has resulted in creating some small cracks in its base. I am going to change the stock handlebars anyway, but I cannot find such tampons anywhere.
Do you have any ideas how I can fix/substitute it?

Best regards,
Asparuh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately I do not see what I need from this list.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
310 Posts
Howdy Asparuh!

Hope we get to see some pics of your Bobber project...

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,589 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
We refer to those rubber parts as riser bushings.
I don't why they are so hard to locate. Factory installed press fit I guess.
There was a thread here where a guy made different ones for his bike.
You may have to do something similar.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,589 Posts
Reactions: KC_97Shadow1100C

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,127 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The bushings are not available separately. Assuming they are the same as the 1100, they are 4 separate bushings with steel sleeves on inside and outside., bushings pressed in. There is a machined ridge in the center they seat against, so they cannot be driven out through the top bridge. Makes removal a real chore.

As for the urethane, one might be able to buy urethane round stock and machine 4 new ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you all for the provided answers! I will go with the urethane solution with this problem, and will keep you updated what happened.

Meanwhile I am attaching a picture of one of my previous Bobber projects. The Shadow will come out even better! This is a Honda Rebel 125:
:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts