Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ever happen to you guys with modulating headlights? How do you handle this?

Had a truck pull over to let me go buy on a single lane today. He slowed dwon and I waved him on but he pulled over anyway.
Been awhile since someone pulled over because of my modulating headlight and light bar. In the warm weather I ride in shorts without any gear. No one mistakes the bike for the law. No one ever pulls over.

When the weather cools and I wear the modular FF and Tourmaster and come up behind people, some must really think I am a cop and slow down and actually pull over and let me pass. Happened three times in as many years.

Doesn't happen very often but I am always perplexed when it does. At least I know they see me which is the idea of the modulator in the daytime.

I know some don;r care for modulators so lets not get onto the modulator discussion. I was just wondering if those who do have modulators experience this and how do they handle it.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
It's only happened once with me since I got the Tourer back from her re-build, but it was kind of unsettling for me. She's pearl white now (used to be black and ivory pearl) and with the headlight modulator, I had one person stop on the side. This was while I was riding in shorts and t-shirt, too!:D

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Had 'em on two bikes, but no one confused me for a LEO.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The local mc cops, all three of them, ride white BMW something's, they have a light pole on back with a blue light about a foot higher than their helmets. Bags and blue script on the side with the county and logo on them. Since getting the Viffer, I get alot of people slowing down, looking over, tying to decide if I am one. The MC cops, wear white jackets and black pants and white helmets. I have a black and white leather jacket and a black helmet.

It amuses me.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Hahaha, I can relate (albeit not the headlamp)! In the pic I took last weekend in the u-turn area of a rural interstate, I was there for a few minutes and noticed quite a lot of people slowing down. I guess they think that police-bikes now come in black and red themes. I could hear a Porsche downshifting about 200 yards down before he passed ... then heard it wind up afterwards. It was quite entertaining! :mrgreen:

This pic:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had someone pull over for me several times, the most recent was last week. I pass by and wave, what else can you do?

I have also had several people wave me down to tell me my headlight is flashing, the most recent was today, a woman in a pickup at a stop light.

As an aside, I have only had 2 people pull out in front of me in the 2.5 years I have had the modulator. Before installing it it happened regularly.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
The Porsche was slowing to get a better look at that Bike of yours` Ace...
;)
:mrgreen: You are too kind Sir! He probably saw my ponytail and slowed for a better look until he realized, "Oh dear GOD!" ... and then sped off! :lol:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I definately notice that fewer people pull out in front of me as I come towards them, but I've not had anyone pull over yet. Only had my modulator for a few months though. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Drivers suck. Today on a divided road traffic came to a crawl for an oncoming fire truck. Yeah, morons. He's going to jump that foot high curb and barrel down that grass embankment and through the bushes to get to us.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Drivers suck. Today on a divided road traffic came to a crawl for an oncoming fire truck. Yeah, morons. He's going to jump that foot high curb and barrel down that grass embankment and through the bushes to get to us.
When I lived in Palm Beach County, the fire trucks would regularly drive the wrong direction on a four/six lane divided highway. It helped them get through intersections faster. No, they didn't jump medians but, yes, they were dangerous in how they got to emergency calls.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I definately notice that fewer people pull out in front of me as I come towards them, but I've not had anyone pull over yet. Only had my modulator for a few months though. Thanks for the heads-up.
Black bike and helmet; if you have stock pipes, you might.;)

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,274 Posts
A couple of people pull over for me every year -- maybe 2 or 3. I have absolutely no idea if they believe I'm a LEO and don't really care. They could believe I'm dealing with an emergency or just not like to have that flashing in their mirrors. What matters to me is that they saw me and decided they'd rather be behind me than in front of me. I REALLY appreciate that when I'm riding the twisties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.