Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase a 97 Shadow VT600C. It has 800 origional miles on it and is in pristine condition.

The only issues that I have with the motorcycle is that the previous owner was tinkering around with the forkes and now the handel bars are crooked. I believe I should be able to fix it through realigning the triple tree.

Second issue is that the OEM air filter rubbs against my leg. I was wondering if this is common with this motorcycle? It doesn't seem like the previous owner added extenders...just wondering.

Thanks.
Sarah - Nebraska - Beginning Rider.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Most people don't just screw around with forks. He probably hit something, got scared and parked it. Be sure to check for straightness. If bent, even a slight amount, you will eventually get seal wear and failure as a signal.

VLX air filter does poke out a bit (look at other posters images), I just got used to it since screwing around with the air box, duct work etc to replace stuff is more trouble than it is worth in my opinion. You may find yourself moving up in displacement in a year or two so ask yourself, "do I really want to mess with a minor issue?"

Jez my $0.02

PS: eyeball down the trees and forks. It may be that the riser bolts got bent or the rubber bushings got distended. If that doesn't fix it, then go for a tree tweak. Holding a short straight edge against the forks all around, while shining a light from the back will help you see a slight warp if present.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts