Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and could not find anything on this. I was thinking of changing my leather bags for a set of hard lockable bags. Any manufacturers I should be looking at or not? This is to go on my 05 Sabre.
Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like my Leatherlyke bags.
JimC in NC

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks that gives me a couple of options. I too like the smooth look. But the more I look the more I like. My wife now asks how much and if its under $100 she says "That was cheap" :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Iceblue said:
I did a search and could not find anything on this. I was thinking of changing my leather bags for a set of hard lockable bags. Any manufacturers I should be looking at or not? This is to go on my 05 Sabre.
Thanks
I put these on my sabre: http://hardbags.com

Here's what they look like:

They come in black gel coat (pictured) so you can paint them any which way you want, or just clearcoat over the black if you wish.

I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chornbe and Mike just when I thought I had it fiqured out you go and throw the hard bags at me. :? :? :?. The guy that paints our buses wants a crack at painting my sabre says he can tone down the flames with a candy black and then clear or something like that so maybe unfinished bags and have them painted to match. More to dream about. Do the hard bags mount to rail or do they have extra brackets? The National Cycle Stuff is about a grand by the time I'm done. I also looked at Leathelyke and their stuff looks well made and goes with the cruiser look. DAMN this isn't easy. :shock: :shock: Oh well Metzelers first then new bags. Its not like I don't have some on now.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
The Hardbags.com bags come with a mount kit that you have to set up for your bike. That's good and bad. But frankly, I think for the money, they're a fantastic set up. The inside of the bags could stand to be a little more finished, but a set of cheap gym bags or bag liners and you're good to go. I use a pair of $4.99 gym bags from Walmart. *thumbs up*

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Tell you what... Buy the bags off me for $6000 and I'll toss in a 2006 Shadow Sabre they're mounted on. The world's best hard bags display rack. It's even mobile, too.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,270 Posts
I like my Leatherlyke bags.
+1

Seven years old in this picture with nothing more than an annual wipedown with ProHonda spray cleaner. (The bike is kept in a garage when offline.) Tried out Back to Black last fall and it did dress them up nicely -- but I'm not sure the difference would show in a photo.

LeatherLyke also has a new style that might appeal -- but you're still dealing with black.

If you want another color and are prepared to drop some $$$, check these out: http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TSU-STRONG
- $430 for the bags in primer
- $47 more for black -- or --
- $350 for match to "factory color"
- $85 for built-in turn signals
- $38 bucks for locks
- $124 for racks on top

Here's a couple of sources for lower-cost ones - $150 range:
o http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=7&menu=Hard Saddlebags&s=prod.php
o http://stores.ebay.com/Gadgets-to-g...trunk_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10QQftidZ2QQtZkm

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,270 Posts
You guys are going to give me a headache.
Try getting bags for someone else! I'm working through getting bags for my wife's new Boulevard S50. After sorting through all of the issues with what will or won't fit and how to get them mounted, I've been stuck waiting for her to decide what she wants for 2 weeks now. (Her first choice was the National Cruiserlines but they don't fit her bike.) We're working on the color -- she doesn't want black. But she loves the way my LeatherLykes work. Plus she doesn't want to spend too much, wait too long, put too much work on me or get something too cheaply made.

But, in the end, this IS what making a bike "your own" is all about.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
adlowe
The difference is that if I decide and don't like it thats the end of it. This not the case for you because if the bags aren't right for your wifes bike it somehow will be your fault! :roll:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.