Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be too small to be comfortable for me, but damn what a cool lookin' ride.

I wouldn't mind having one for a knock-around-town bike.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, it is very sharp. I'm a big fan of Harley looks, not so big of a fan of sportsters though I do like the looks of that one. I love the blacked out engine especially on the street bob. I've seen the street bob and the softail nigh train in person and they are just as sharp

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True enough, Beowulf. I don't think I could ever ride a Sporty comfortably, but man, that one just has the looks down right.

If I was ever serious about an in-town cruiser in that style, it'd probably be the blacked out Street Bob.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
beowulf said:
Yes, it is very sharp. I'm a big fan of Harley looks, not so big of a fan of sportsters though I do like the looks of that one. I love the blacked out engine especially on the street bob. I've seen the street bob and the softail nigh train in person and they are just as sharp
my post could almost be the same word for word.

I love the look of the StreetBob and Night Train :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Lisa said:
beowulf said:

Great minds think alike. ;)

G

·
Lisa said:
beowulf said:

You two, talking about my 2 favorite Harleys??? :wink: 8)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
As I've said... you can NEVER go wrong with black !!

And like Goldilocks..... I believe the size of that bike might be "just right" for me!!!

I'm gonna need a bigger garage....[/u]

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
These blacked out bikes are getting more popular all the time and I just don't understand it. :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
On Sheer looks, there is no sexier factory bike than the Night Train in my book. I will probably never own one for many reasons, namely it doesn't fit my riding style or budget, but damn they are sexy for factory bikes.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
To be fair, Harley has made their fortune by altering models to fit the current trends in custom motorcycles.

The Superglide was an attempt to cash in on 70s choppers, the V-rod is an attempt to capture the metric market, the streetbob is attempt to make an off-the-shelf rat bobber etc etc.

I don't fault them for it... I just don't understand the desire to spend $15,000 and make it look like you spent $5000. I get it when people go the other way... but why put single malt scotch in a 40 oz. malt liquor bottle?

Black paint: $40.00 in spray cans.
Fork gaiters: $10.00
Masking tape: $5.00
Time: a couple of days.

ummm... from the pic, I'd say that's about it.

But I'm a cheap *******.

(and as for "those who can do, those who can't buy"... ANYONE can do that to their bike if they want to. Anyone. A Spirit 750 could have that look in two days, done in the backyard)

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Maybe its my old age that makes me a chrome loving kind of guy so I personally would never buy one. But obviously there is a market for the
" black " look otherwise Harley wouldn't be making them like this.

Give me the big chromed out cruisers any day. The more chrome, the bigger the bike, the happier I am. :)

Chris

P.S. Love that Road King ).

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Christopher said:
Maybe its my old age that makes me a chrome loving kind of guy so I personally would never buy one. But obviously there is a market for the
" black " look otherwise Harley wouldn't be making them like this.

Give me the big chromed out cruisers any day. The more chrome, the bigger the bike, the happier I am. :)

Chris

P.S. Love that Road King ).
Chris,

You have to buy a blacked out bike so that you have plenty of reasons to buy chrome. Every artist starts with a blank canvas. :lol:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Beauty

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not share your enthusiasm for this bike. Furthermore, the Sportster is the most outdated, crummy riding bike you can buy anywhere today. I have actually ridden more than few, not just looked at pictures. They are dreadfully awful!!!! The chassis needed to be scrapped years ago. Even with the upgrades it is a gigantic P.O.S. by today's standards. Keep the engine and throw away the rest. Painting it black cannot disguise the tu_d it is. Harley continues to cash in on their entry-level bike even when it ranks near the bottom of the totem pole among all bikes produced world-wide today. After all, it is a Harley!

·
Registered
225 Posts
let me get this striaght...

HD sells a blacked out sportster 1200 for right about $10000.

and Yamaha sells this 1670 for the same price?

how, honestly, could anyone consider the HD?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.