Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to re-order a list of parts.
Just returned home to find my just-shipped LED indicators & a remote had all been stolen last night, along with 3 other UPS & USPS packages, which were awaiting my return inside my big steel workbox, which was 3/4" stainless-cabled off to a corner post at my front gate.

Since I live a ways up a long drive, behind a locked gate, out in the hills & hollers, the local UPS, FedEx, USPS deliveryfolks had the combination to the workbox; I have used it to receive packages for > 8 months without issue.

Looks like thieves used an acetylene torch to cut the 3/4" stainless cable.
Would have taken at least 2 people to load the big workbox into a truck.

No way it would be fair to try to turn this in against shipping insurance, because the products WERE delivered to the lockbox.
Tracking #'s prove that.

Workbox was worth $300; the contents worth about $240, as close as I can figure.
Sheriff report: done. Minutes ago.
Said they would be contacting the Inspector General, since theft of U.S.Mail is a felony.
Said I should notify vendors I ordered this stuff from: they may be contacted to verify my recent orders.

I have re-ordered the parts, including the tractor & mower parts.

On the bright side: nobody got hurt.
Coulda been worse....like: if I had caught them....hate a daym thief!

Anyway: DETERMINED to look on the bright side....Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. If it were to me, all these thieving *******s would be castrated with a rusted serrated blade.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, big poppa pump.
Just needed to vent!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry to hear. Theft of packages in my north dallas area is happening a lot. It's in the news almost every day. I think they follow the UPS trucks.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
There is nobody worse than a thief in my book. The sad thing is that they probably have no idea what the stuff is that they stole from you and could just toss it. They will pay for what they did. It may take a while, but karma has a way with working things out. Sorry Dave.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I need to re-order a list of parts.
Just returned home to find my just-shipped LED indicators & a remote had all been stolen last night, along with 3 other UPS & USPS packages, which were awaiting my return inside my big steel workbox, which was 3/4" stainless-cabled off to a corner post at my front gate.

Since I live a ways up a long drive, behind a locked gate, out in the hills & hollers, the local UPS, FedEx, USPS deliveryfolks had the combination to the workbox; I have used it to receive packages for > 8 months without issue.

Looks like thieves used an acetylene torch to cut the 3/4" stainless cable.
Would have taken at least 2 people to load the big workbox into a truck.

No way it would be fair to try to turn this in against shipping insurance, because the products WERE delivered to the lockbox.
Tracking #'s prove that.

Workbox was worth $300; the contents worth about $240, as close as I can figure.
Sheriff report: done. Minutes ago.
Said they would be contacting the Inspector General, since theft of U.S.Mail is a felony.
Said I should notify vendors I ordered this stuff from: they may be contacted to verify my recent orders.

I have re-ordered the parts, including the tractor & mower parts.

On the bright side: nobody got hurt.
Coulda been worse....like: if I had caught them....hate a daym thief!

Anyway: DETERMINED to look on the bright side....Merry Christmas.

I like your attitude.. thieves suck though. I don't have much against a starving man stealing food to feed his family.. it's wrong but I'd much rather deal with that then some scum that wants to make a profit off my stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Yeah, sorry to hear about this.. I don't know how some people get out of bed in the morning.. How could a person feel elevated to any degree by stealing another person's hard-earned property??

I don't get it.. Some people are just wired strange, I suppose..

Anyway, All the best to You And Yours, and Hoping that the future holds no more of this for you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Great attitude to not let it spoil Christmas! I would set up a camera to catch the *******s next time.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Wow, on Christmas Eve too-good will towards man indeed. Better luck to you in the New year and hopefully no more theivin' (although they got off scott free once they will come again).

Dingo.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx, y'all.
Didn't intend to be a downer on Christmas Eve.

We were brought up poor but too proud to ever steal.

But....it was just STUFF.....and I can buy more STUFF.

Nobody died.
And I didn't go spend Christmas in jail for shooting 'minute of kneecap' at 236 yards.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Thanx, y'all.
Didn't intend to be a downer on Christmas Eve.

We were brought up poor but too proud to ever steal.

But....it was just STUFF.....and I can buy more STUFF.

Nobody died.
And I didn't go spend Christmas in jail for shooting 'minute of kneecap' at 236 yards.
It's all cool man, need to vent somewhere. A trail cam or two would be a good idea though-hidden well.

Dingo.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
That's messed up Gnarly. I know a cattleman who has those rubber bands to castrate bulls. You know, place them above the testicles then wait until they rot off. Was the box made from stainless steel also. If it was painted what color was it. There is a recycle center here in Sacramento, I will see if anybody sold the box for scrap there.

Mike.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just tonight I pulled down my loaded .38 pistol. Checked it out and placed it back where I keep it. Not quite the same thing. They've got to come inside my house before I can legally introduce them to whatever god they follow. Still, I play by the rules and detest those who don't, at our expense.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Like they said trail cams work great for that, i also have cameras on my property that watch my shed, driveway, mailbox, etc and i can check anytime from the computer or my phone ( live) and i can go back a month to look. I was waiting on a box from usps got a email saying they attempted to delivery it i looked back on the camera and they were never there think the driver forgot it and just said oh well tomorrow is another day:x

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
UPS, FedEx and mail carriers are being followed, then packages stolen as soon as they are left...
That`s going on here too...
Sorry for your loss :(
You have a good attitude though, Don`t dwell in it...

Mail carrier will be bringing our package to you...

Hopefully the thieves will be caught,
D

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx, all.

Neighbor xxxxxxxclm1954, it was about 24"W X 24" D X 36" long.
Had been painted orange, then some yellow paint over that.
No wheels.
Weighed about 100#,empty.
Thanx for looking.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
That sucks. It sounds like those guys were serious thieves. Almost nothing you could do to stop them. But you have a good attitude. Happy new year and I hope it all works out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts