Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've not tried yet, will the 750 do a decent burnout? I will have to wait until the snow goes away to try this. Got a picture?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Don't know why anyone would even want one to do it.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Almost any bike can be made to burn a tire off the wheel if you lock the front down, but one begs to ask why ruin a perfectly good tire, (and /or bike)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I dragrace and I just haven't got to the 750 yet. Guess I'll let ya know then.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
god forbid anyone does anything fun and exciting around here :roll:

Yes it will, we run a vlx600 in burnout contests during the summer. you're 750 should rip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waytooloud said:
god forbid anyone does anything fun and exciting around here :roll:

Yes it will, we run a vlx600 in burnout contests during the summer. you're 750 should rip.
quote]
Good to know, I'm gonna race it some in the street legal series at my local track. I've not dropped the clutch on it yet as it's been too new to abuse. But it will be all broken in soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
ALO said:
One thing I've not tried yet, will the 750 do a decent burnout? I will have to wait until the snow goes away to try this. Got a picture?
You need to get a hold of this guy:

His member name is: luciferrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Guess I'm too old and no longer understand the need to destroy something I work that I worked too dam hard to get. :?

8)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's just the difference of having fun with something or being scared of it. Some ppl just see a bike as transportation, it's sad.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Waytooloud said:
It's just the difference of having fun with something or being scared of it. Some ppl just see a bike as transportation, it's sad.
+1

If you want to sedately ride off into the sunset, great have fun.
However, these is a segment of us out here that like to turn up the excitement factor a click or three.

I believe most of the new breed of riders have no idea in the world what is actually possible on any given motorcycle. Though I will qualify that by bowing to the current crop of stunters.
They can do things we never dreamed of twenty of thirty years ago. Even today, when I get a dirtbike high enough in the air to look for a good place to land, I'm not taking my hands off the bars, much less try to do a superman. :shock:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Right on! I'm not talking about standing on my ride in a jesus christ pose floatin' down the freeway. I am talking about having a little fun man! I'm all about laying back and cruisin' but if I wanna smoke my rear tire then I'm doin' it, hell they make more! some ppl like to ride soft and careful, some hard and dangerous. Neither side is right or wrong. 8)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Hey, if you want to spin your wheels, just come work here. :cry:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of fun. Including catching way too much air on a dirt bike, doing hand stands on it, standing on the seat in the "Jesus" postion, etc.

But dirt bikes are made to do that, and drag racing bikes are made to burn rubber. No problem there.

Taking an under powered, low torque, stock crusier and pushing it to do something it's not really made for will only cause it to breakdown. Either on the burn or later when you don't really want it too, like 200 miles from home.

It's your bike, your money and your behind, help yourself.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'll never understand the reason behind wanting to burn out a perfectly good tire by smoking it but then again, to each his own - whatever tips your little wagon.
Now excuse me while I go and pound some 3 inch spikes into my skull - to each his own :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes it will, It's alittle bit harder on the 750, but it will do it (Long wheel base doesn't help it).

And yes I've done it, but only at the end of the year when the tire is going to be replaced anyways, burning a new $300 tire isn't that fun when you have to pay for a new one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts