Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out for my lunch ride on my little Yamaha XJ550 just having a grand old time. I was stopped at a light and who should pull up next to me but a guy riding one of those ready-bought customs. You know the kind, rear tire like a 50 gal. drum, front end way out yonder with about 2 feet of clearance between the top of the engine and the gas tank. I looked over at him to compliment him on his ride and he just kept looking straight ahead. I waved at him and he just flat ignored me. Now don't that beat all. So when the light turned green, I decided I needed to get up to the speed limit right quick and you know what, he saw me real good then. My tail lights that is. That little XJ550 sure is hot off the line.

Just couldn't resist.

sanoke

G

·
I really am surprised that you acted in such a way!
Imagine stooping to blowing his expensive custom off the line just because
he would not acknowlege you. It's this type of behavior that sterotypes us..
Great Job!!!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CrazyDave said:
I really am surprised that you acted in such a way!
Imagine stooping to blowing his expensive custom off the line just because
he would not acknowlege you. It's this type of behavior that sterotypes us..
Great Job!!!
Yea, shameful isn't it. But damn, it sure felt good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thats pathetic.

I drove my vlx over to a freinds house today who owns an older HD softail custom.

he rode the vlx, commented several times on how good it looked, how it ran perfect, rode well, and had good power.

He even commented that my rear tire is wider than his!

so, luckily not all of those guys are like that.
there are some old metric flat black choppers down the street from me, and th other side of the hood is a $40K custom chopper like you described, guess which bikes I think are cooler? and who will be the first folks I try and go meet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sanoke, Sanoke, Sanoke - I can't believe you felt that way. He was obviously a rookie rider trying desperately to maintain control of the big-bucks behemoth that he bought for status. [STATUS: Buying things you don't need, with money you don't have, to impress people you don't like].

If he released the grips, he wouldn't be able to keep it upright, and of course he had heard that the bike would go where his head was turned. He was just petrified, frozen, and clinging on for dear life.

Or else he was planning his route to the next stop on his barcrawling tour. Cut the poor poser some slack, wouldya? :lol:

·
Registered
375 Posts
So, Not only do you ride one , But you also have A
little SPIRIT ! Good job !
I've seen pics of your Spirit and your XS850
but not of XJ550 .
Any pics ?

Jack

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
good going, john! i hate that attitude crap and i'm glad you showed him your tailights.

i dig it when i get a "you're waving at me?" kinda look from guys on scooters that i wave to. it's all about riding...no matter what you ride.
Yeah, what Mike said ^^^

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
sanoke said:
I'm out for my lunch ride on my little Yamaha XJ550 just having a grand old time. I was stopped at a light and who should pull up next to me but a guy riding one of those ready-bought customs. You know the kind, rear tire like a 50 gal. drum, front end way out yonder with about 2 feet of clearance between the top of the engine and the gas tank. I looked over at him to compliment him on his ride and he just kept looking straight ahead. I waved at him and he just flat ignored me. Now don't that beat all. So when the light turned green, I decided I needed to get up to the speed limit right quick and you know what, he saw me real good then. My tail lights that is. That little XJ550 sure is hot off the line.

Just couldn't resist.

sanoke
You fail to understand how much better he is than you, and how his tarnished image - from *ever* conversing with someone such as yourself - would prove problematic back at the "real bikes for real bikers" club house.

Either that or the sound and vibrations have all but destroyed his vision and hearing and he absolutely no idea you were there until you fell into his narrow, clouded, vignetted sight.

Or he's just a better-than-thou kind of prick.

Or he was in deep concentration trying to focus thru' the pain of kidney failure that his rigid tail "chopper" is giving him.

Surely there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Somewhere. Some how. Maybe...?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great job sanoke! Roast that pork!
I don't get too many stoplight challenges from chops or big HD cruisers.
I guess it's the big chrome lump that takes the fight out of them. :shock: Difference between your guy and the ones I get are they look down at the motor before they go into their "ignore" act.

If they have a problem now, just wait 'till I get my next bike!
[/img]

R3 for me. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
onephsyco1 said:
So, Not only do you ride one , But you also have A
little SPIRIT ! Good job !
I've seen pics of your Spirit and your XS850
but not of XJ550 .
Any pics ?

Jack
Snow's gone now but here's a pic of the XJ550 just after I got it on the road. In case you can't tell, it's a four-banger. Lot's of fun to ride. Kind of like a crotch-rocket with a more upright riding position.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know what you mean. I get so tired of that bullshit attitude. Same thing happened to me just last weekend. I finally flipped him the bird and motored on.............

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I have lived a charmed life. I have met, been friends with and ran with all types of people, from the down and out's to the multi millionaire's who own their own private jets. I have always had one rule for these friendships and that is:

" Don't get above your raising with me ".

I refuse to associate with people who think they are better then others based on the bike they ride or the car they drive. If they have that attitude, they can KMA.

I just have to shake my head when I see some of these nimrod's who think that what they ride makes the person.

Good On Ya Mate for blowing his foot pegs off.

Chris

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
"You think you're better than others." -- Badger

"Just those I'm better than." -- Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

See, all of life's little issues can be related to Firefly some way or another ;)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I wave at all the bikers I meet if I can. Most of the bikers I meet wave back if they can. Who cares about the rest. 8)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.