Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 00 spirit with no blinkers(he gave them to me though) so I put them on and they didn’t work because the built up stuff in the switch anyways got it all working and then a few weeks later I went from having everything to just my running light on tail light and now I have nothing but the speedo back light all my fuses where good not sure what to try next

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I had issues with the switch on the Valk back in 2013 (14 yrs. old then). I replaced it with a new one. The part # was changed possibly due to upgrade/revision. The 1100C part # has been revised also. Age/corrosion does effect ALL components in that housing especially the springs and revamping works for a while but eventually they will need replaced. My Valk was a garage queen and still is so actually being exposed to elements other than cold, no. I've since put 30,000 mi. on it w/o any issues with switch or any other Valkyrie related issues in 45,000+ mi. I have noticed issues that do occur with a lot of rides regardless their brand/model reside in areas with alot heat/humidity involvement especially coastal areas/southern exposure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts