Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding new to me Shadow Spirit 750 and will often be in mountainous 'Tail of the Dragon' style tight curves. I work as a nature photographer so will be doing many pre dawn-post sunset trips to catch best light. Any suggestions on aux lighting for deer/critter spotting...very heavy populations where I'll be riding?? Won't be riding fast but have noticed fairly narrow cone of light when cornering. Anything like small LEDS that work and won't be UGLY once mounted? This is my second post to the group.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
I have tried using aux lights but found they just ran the battery down without adding anything to the dark road.

Then i popped a 35W HID in the factory housing and didnt need anything else.

Sadly the pics i took of my Shadow are lacking

But the more modern, better built/focused lamp on my Fury shows a HUGE difference...

· Premium Member
3,352 Posts
LED auxilliary / driving lights that are bright, not ugly, comes in black, red or chrome, choice of floody or beamier, minimal battery draw? For under $50 each?

Yes.
We can help.

Got mine at SuperBrightLED's.

Part Number: AUX-10W-Rx

· Registered
1,274 Posts
LED auxilliary / driving lights that are bright, not ugly, comes in black, red or chrome, choice of floody or beamier, minimal battery draw? For under $50 each?

Yes.
We can help.

Got mine at SuperBrightLED's.

Part Number: AUX-10W-Rx
^^^^^what he said.

I have the 2 of the led driving lights from superbrightleds mounted on my crash bar. These suckers are bright with very minimal power draw and really light up the road. They come in either a 25 or a 40 degree beam angle.

· Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Did you go with the 25* or 40*, big poppa pump?

· Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,138 Posts

· Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I debated that, b.p.p.
Going with a 40* on the left side, for lane wash & potholes, and a 25* on the right side for distance wash & ditch critters.

Will letcha know how that works out.

And I hedged my bets by ordering two of each, 25* & 40*, in case my theory fails.
If it works, I have enough of each to set up both bikes the same.

· Registered
3,130 Posts
I went LED spot on my forks, the lower mount height seams to shadow the pot holes better, I have fitted filters to give a wide flat beam so it light out to th eside better and so it doesn't blind on coming cars

some info on this thread (should be on page 4 with some test at the bottom of the page)

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53...e-1993-vt-shadow-1100-work-done-so-far-4.html

Since I took those pic's I have set the lights at a wider angle as they had a lot of over lapping light, now it is much wider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.