Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of their headlight rattling midway through the rpm range? This was a problem on my old rebel as well but seeing as I plan on keeping my '03 ACE for awhile I would like to fix this seeing as it is a rather annoying noise. I have tried taking some inner tube and shoving it between the headlight bucket and the lens which worked for a bit but soon fell out. All the bolts are snug so I am kinda scratching my head in this one.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Probably an electrical plug inside vibrating against the housing.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Had the same issue with my ace when I first got it. I'm not really sure what I did to fix it. It was the outer ring. Just kept messing with it and its been quiet for two years now.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,575 Posts
Usually the outer ring to headlight bucket fit. Also add on visors to the headlight are culprits also. I've used electrical tape as a gasket material and trimmed with a exacto knife to eliminate the visor noise on the Spirit.

·
Registered
503 Posts
how about adhesive backed weather stripping?
take off headlight, apply sticky, reassemble, shouldnt fall out

·
Registered
18,122 Posts
Usually the outer ring to headlight bucket fit.
^^^ ^^

YUP!!!

Good Luck!!!

I used a piece of clear tape to hold my gasket in place,
The "clip" which the ring fastens to is broken on mine and leaves an 1/8" gap...
I push the gap closed, then fasten the clear tape over the ring/housing to keep it together...

EDIT>
Same Bike as yours 98-03

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Wood toothpicks or match sticks work great for shims. I don't know how many times I've used them to stop rattles and vibrations!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for the great suggestions! Definitely gonna try some this weekend to see what works best for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts