Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
I run the Sylvania Silverstar, noticibly brighter than the stock bulb and about the same price as that bulb at most auto shops. Make sure you get the motorcycle version. They are supposed to be more resistant to vibration. The only down side is I seem to replace them about every 15 months. I dont know what the average is for a stock bulb. If you really want brighter lights, opt for a lightbar.

· Registered
1,378 Posts

· Registered
2,530 Posts
I will throw in another good word for the Silverstar headlight. I ran one in my Spirit for about 3 years...and it was still going when I sold it last month. Quality light from a single headlight setup. If you want more light up front, then you will have to go with a lightbar or driving lights.

Joe

· Registered
342 Posts
I run the Sylvania Silverstar in my Spirit. In my opinon, it's a whiter colored light, not as yellow as the stock bulb, but not noticably any brighter. For a brighter light you need a bulb with a higher lumin rating, (candle power) not wattage. I added a Cobra light bar for the extra visibility.

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evil Twin said:
I run the Sylvania Silverstar in my Spirit. In my opinon, it's a whiter colored light, not as yellow as the stock bulb, but not noticably any brighter. For a brighter light you need a bulb with a higher lumin rating, (candle power) not wattage. I added a Cobra light bar for the extra visibility.
I need more light in the front. The headlight is dull yellow and is no good for being seen in the daytime and not much light at night. I thought about a light bar but they all seem to be sealded beam and too large for the 55w bulbs. I have done several searchs but cannot find a part # for the Silverstar motorcycle version.

· Registered
1,298 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
I need more light in the front. The headlight is dull yellow and is no good for being seen in the daytime and not much light at night. I thought about a light bar but they all seem to be sealded beam and too large for the 55w bulbs. I have done several searchs but cannot find a part # for the Silverstar motorcycle version.
I am running twin 55w bulbs on my light bar and have had no problems. I wired from my battery through a rely and wired so they are on when low beams are on. They are really nice and bright and so far (touch wood) since installing them no one has pulled out in front of me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.