Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a 1988 vt1100 and am looking to put on some better lights for night riding in the future. Am I able to just throw on a typical 4" LED lightbar right through to the battery with a wiring harness or have some other process to put one on? I'm new to this and really don't know much about adding aftermarket parts to the bike.

· Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
20,327 Posts
You can get a brighter standard Sylvania hedlight bulb. Silverstar.
Or LED headlight bulb, but some of them have very poor beams when put in a standard light assembly.
You can add the light bar and run it through a relay for better power from the battery.
You can get some LED spot lights and mount them down lower for better safety visibility from car drivers.
That is a good triangle pattern for better safety.

Attachments

Reactions: '88 Shadow Dude

· Registered
3,276 Posts
Try re-aiming the headlight. Once I did that, I quit looking for driving lights.

Long dark straight flat road, helper is recommended. With you or someone who weighs the same sitting on the bike, centered in your lane, aim high beam so the bright spot is centered in your lane and as far down the road as possible without lifting the spot off the road. And a brighter SilverStar is also a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts