Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I just saw this video about Big Ear custom earphones/hearing protection and I want to know if any of you here tried their products. I'd love to get myself a pair but I want to know if they are a bang for the buck. Any other recommendation? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Shadow 750 Aero
304 Posts
Those are a bit expensive. I get my custom ear plugs at the motorcycle show that comes around every year (Ear Defender is the brand). They really help block out wind and other noise but I can still hear my own bike as well as other traffic..

·
Registered
684 Posts
You can also get noise cancelling helmets, there are a couple on the market.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My choice: Etymotic Research ETY ear plugs

Etymotic Research | ETY•Plugs® Earplugs

You can get them at Amazon, too.

They don't muffle sounds, they just turn down the volume. Inexpensive, too.
They website says to replace them every three to six months, which I've found unnecessary. I do replace them from time to time, but mine have lasted several years each.
(Incidentally, I always have a few pairs of cheap foam plugs in the saddlebag in case I lose the better ones.)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I have had custom molded earplugs and every type of foam or rubber earplugs and I have had more success with the foam type that you roll in your fingers and slide into your ear. I think most folks have trouble with them because they don't lift their ear up and back and they don't hold their finger over the end of the plug while it expands and conforms to the shape of their ear canal. I use the foam all the time now and they work great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts