Honda Shadow Forums banner

Heart stopping moments...

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  wallasan10 
#1 ·
I've had 2 in the last couple of weeks. The first was last week on the way to work the roads were a little damp and my bike reminded me when taking off for a left turn on wet pavement it is best to ease into the throttle. While drifting is kind of fun, it is much less fun when you are not expecting to do it.:-o

The second was just the other day. I leave for work and it is very dark out. I was approaching an intersecting road and was looking at the vehicle approaching his stop sign to make sure he was stopping. I looked back to center and just in time to see a blob. I got a little airborne but nothing to radical. I later found out what I ran over was a big javelina.

#3 ·
Was nearly run over by one of those myself.. So, Good for you! Not much for dancing on a grave, but some critters require exception :)

Glad you made it through those okay!

#4 ·
Although there are different species, we are overrun with those damn things down here. They are a big problem. There are no natural predators effective enough to keep them in check and the things breed like ****roaches. Fish & Game allows then to be hunted in some pretty unusual methods. No tags, no limits, no seasons. Even with an "open season, total extermination' policy, they still thrive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5dd-Bge5I

#5 ·
Years ago I was riding on Farm Road 207 southeast of Breckenridge, Texas and rounded a blind curve to find a half dozen dead javelina strewn across the road. Blood and gore all over. I'm not sure what happened but I can't imagine that a single vehicle could have hit them all because they were scattered across both lanes. The only thing I can figure is that after the first one got run over the rest of them wouldn't leave it and they hung around until all of them got it. I lived in Texas for over 25 years and never saw anything else like it. Heart stopping moment? You might say that...pig guts is slippery!

#6 ·
I used to travel 287 from Ft. Worth to the Beaumont area two or three times a month. By the dam at Richland Chambers one time after heavy rains there was a lot of flooding. Same thing, I rounded a corner and there was a herd of the things scattered on the road deceased. I've always been curious about how the vehicle that hit them looked after the carnage. Some of those things were pretty large.

#10 ·
I had a scary moment a few weeks back, I was riding with a couple other guys on a 2 lane rural road, and in a fraction of a second an F-250 coming the other way decided to make a left in front of us, our first guy tried to sweve and miss him, but t-boned the truck, he died right away, I managed to lay my bike down and go sliding off the road, my buddy missed truck but hit the guardrail, broke a few bones but he is okay, scared the crap out of me, but it is something that does happen from time to time if you ride daily like us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.