Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding in this morning and only passed one bike!! I normally pass about 20. Is it the heat? I never really thought about it but do some people just hate riding in very hot weather?

·
Registered
561 Posts
They're called Lightweights! hehehehehe.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just realized I'm probably not gonna get a soul to respond because they won't admit it, will they? LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
I rode in today and then ran into a co-worker that usually rides.
Our conversation:

Me: Where's the bike today?
Him: Too F'in hot out.
Me: Pansy <as I walk away disgusted>

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It is easy to understand if airheads are staying off the road. In hot temps and no cooling system other than passive convection, it doesn't take long at lights and jams to cook their oil, get vapor lock and/or pre-ignition problems. They are smart to go around in their a/c cages.......wimps.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We had a couple weeks of temps over 100 here long before the weatherman went all crazy about the current midwest heat wave. I can tell you, when it's 100 to 105 or more, and the sun is baking the road surface even hotter, any long rides will really fatigue you. Yesterday I did a hundred miler down to a little border town and back, just for fun. Not too bad, this week it's cooled off to a mere 98 or so.

As for the border town, all I can say is, if ever a town didn't have a reason to live, that's the place.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ride everyday it is not supposed to pour down rain. That's why I got it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I saw less people this weekend for sure. Its 100 to 114 the past few days, getting too hot for me for long runs, get all dizzy.

Crash

·
Registered
205 Posts
I spent last week in Kansas city. I saw a number of bikes on the road, but I would not have wanted to be one of them. It was way too hot for this old man. I'm happy to be back in so Cal with temps in the high 70's!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm still riding. It's 98 here with heat index 105 - 114.

I don't have AC in my car. So it's actually cooler to ride the bike because of more airflow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I took my bike this morning and just got home and it was nasty! I only ride 6 miules to work but its mostly highway with a few traffic lights. Not alot of bikes on the road today around here.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'm not sure where I fall into this. Given my druthers, I'd just as soon not ride when the heat index is 110+ but then I just rode 456 miles with the heat index sitting on 115 degrees for most of the trip. I guess that means I'll do it if I gotta, but I don't gota very often.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I didn't get my bike so it can sit in the garage. Heat index around 105 here and that didn't stop me from riding. Going for another ride along the lake tonight.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It’s hotter here than in the deserts of Texas! There is something just NOT RIGHT about that! :mad:

·
Registered
662 Posts
102° when I left work today. Heat index was 108°.

Heat is no real problem for me as long as I am moving. Now sitting still on a city street between traffic - ahhhhh - no thanks.

Heat has not stopped me from riding on a regular basis - my work commute daily just over 80 miles - except for the 10 - 15 straight days where temps were above 110° and as high as 118°. I did wus out on those days.

The bikes were made to roll - the kickstand was just an after thought.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
It's hot here but I still rode to work. I hate the heat but it's hard to leave the bike at home when the sun is shining.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here in South Georgia, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Actually, the heat is pretty **** unbearable too. Nevertheless, I would rather ride to work than drive. Still, it sucks to walk outside and immediately start to sweat at 6:15am.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I rode today

but I ride most every day

Heat sucks

Cage sucks more

1 - 20 of 44 Posts