Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have Cobra drag pipes on my 93 VT 1100. The headers are blued. I'd like to cover them up. I found some heat shields on ebay:

Cobra Heatshields 1365HS Honda VT1100C Shadow 87-96 | eBay

Now, they are actually for the cobra slash cut exhaust. By looking at the slash cut exhaust and mine, they nearly look the same on the header. The guy that is selling them measure the diameter to be roughly 1 7/8". My tailpipe is 2" OD and the header pipe is 1 1/3" until about 8" from the head, where it jumps to 2". Think I can make these work? Or does someone have the slash cut system and they could measure the headers for me? ;)

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
They shpuld work, if they are for Cobra Drag Pipe. Slash cut and straight cut pipes are the same. Only Difference is the angle of the final end cut.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The seller can't MEASURE the shield diameter as the shield are less than full or even 1/2 coverage. He could only measure the width of the arch. He will need to complete the circle to get the diameter, that is more math than most are capable of.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was kinda of thinking....
Here is what I have:
CobraUSA | VT1100, Motorcycle Exhausts, Shadow&product_type=MotorcycleExhausts&product=Drag Pipes

and the heat shields are a discontinued item for this:
CobraUSA | VT1100, Motorcycle Exhausts, Shadow&product=Classic Slashcut

I would think (and hope) that the pipes are the same diameter or close enough I can make it work... This would cover up my unsightly blued headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts